forum

Countries ranking suggestion. based on a skill

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,024
Topic Starter
Rush_iam
Hello peppy and hello everyone!
I am glad to be here with such community.

Some people already read my previous countries ranking suggestion and I am thankful for those who replied there. It gave me a motivation to think about improving this idea to reach the best sorting method for countries ranking.

You know that current countries' sorting method is based on the sum of ranking score of it players.
But it don't reflect real skill of each country because it depends on a number of players.

I want to suggest more accurate sorting method that will be perfect.

Let me explain...

Look at current player's ranked score. It is a sum of the best scores on all ranked maps.
Depends on: skill. So the score reflects real skill of player.

Look at current country's ranked score. It is a sum of all ranked scores of all players of country.
Depends on: number of players and then - on skill. So the scores can't reflect real skill of country.

But it is possible to make country's ranked score to be based on a skill only.
It is very simple! Just apply method of calculating player's ranked score to countries.
So country's score will be a sum of the best scores on all ranked maps.

Hope you'll understand me correctly.

Players ranking - sorting is based on a skill -> already
Countries ranking - sorting is based on a skill -> suggested
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry
That's neat.

But doesn't this belong in Feature requests? o.o
peppy
I agree it's a cool idea. But yes, wrong forum and also duplicated post.
Topic Starter
Rush_iam
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
Good idea. Support from me.
Topic Starter
Rush_iam
so... Will it be implemented?
jerieljan
time will tell, and demand, and bumps. :p

+1.
FurukawaPan
Sir Minelli
Does this mean that... for example U.S; Cyclone's score will determine U.S ranking? (Knowing that Cyclone is the number 1)
Did i get this correctly? Sry if i didn't

If so... im liking this idea. You got my vote.
mattyu007
FurukawaPan

Sir Minelli wrote:

Does this mean that... for example U.S; Cyclone's score will determine U.S ranking? (Knowing that Cyclone is the number 1)
Did i get this correctly? Sry if i didn't

If so... im liking this idea. You got my vote.
Only if Cyclone were to be the highest *American* score on every single map (unlikely, though for Cyclone, I suppose this wouldn't be impossible :o )
DeathxShinigami
Topic Starter
Rush_iam
I am late to bump up request :(
FurukawaPan
Has this been implemented? or abandoned?

I thought it made more sense than the current country ranking system, personally.
Topic Starter
Rush_iam

james039 wrote:

Has this been implemented? or abandoned?

I thought it made more sense than the current country ranking system, personally.
It is abandoned :(
If any of moderators read this - please, move it upward to "Feature Request"
Larto
Done. Next time bump your requests if you want them stay alive. Just sayin' ;x

EDIT: Also, I like this request.
Topic Starter
Rush_iam
Derekku

Rush_iam wrote:

peppy, sorry for bothering you. Are you planning to implement this suggestion?
It's probably on his list along with dozens of other things. There's things of higher priority (like working out bugs), so you'll just have to be patient. :P

Also, this has my support too :)