forum

Keyboard navigation for the pause menu [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
When I press the Escape key on the keyboard during a game it brings up the pause menu, however, at the moment the options in this menu can only be chosen via the mouse cursor. I think it would be useful if we could navigate the pause menu using the keyboard too, because it gets annoying having to grab hold of the mouse every time I want to restart a beatmap in Catch the Beat.

Here are a couple of suggestions for the keyboard navigation:

The Escape key brings up the pause menu then...

1) Escape or C = Continue, R = Retry, A = Abort
2) Up and down arrows select the options, and Enter selects them.
An64fan
Wouldn't have a problem if this were implemented, so long as we could edit keys in Options. *uses c/v*
Olinad
I was thinking about it too. I'd suggest:
arrows to move up and down
the button you use to run (shift or whatever) or enter (you can use both) to select the option
Gemi

adamskii_uk wrote:

1) Escape or C = Continue, R = Retry, A = Abort
2) Up and down arrows select the options, and Enter selects them.
This. :)
YoshiKart
E for Exit, though, since not everyone uses the EBO skin.
Echo
How about buttons sufficiently far away from z and x? :)
peppy
I'm against having bindings directly for retry etc., but have added keyboard control via selection from the pause menu.

2009-03-04
(+) Added keyboard control for pause menu. Works with Taiko, CtB and arrow key bindings.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

peppy wrote:

I'm against having bindings directly for retry etc., but have added keyboard control via selection from the pause menu.
That's fine. I'll create a macro for one of the keys on my keyboard, to quickly select retry from the pause menu. :)
peppy
That's fine. I'll ban you for using macros. :)
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

peppy wrote:

That's fine. I'll ban you for using macros. :)
You are joking, right?

I understand that using macros for PLAYING a beatmap is cheating, but how is using a macro to select an option quickly on the menu considered a bannable offense? It's not like it's going to give me a better score, or anything. :)
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ekaru
That, and the fact that there's no real point to even making such a macro in the first place. Esc -> Down/Up -> whatever you use to select doesn't take long at all...

EDIT: Well, that's not a real point, I don't care. ;P