forum

Sega - Intro (Streets Of Rage. Super Mix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinkosai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 09 April 2009 at 01:01:10

Artist: Sega
Title: Intro (Streets Of Rage. Super Mix)
Tags: Streets of Rage
BPM: 100
Filesize: 4783kb
Play Time: 02:51
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.24 stars, 115 notes)
  2. Hard (4.18 stars, 235 notes)
  3. Normal (2.38 stars, 145 notes)
Download: Sega - Intro (Streets Of Rage. Super Mix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
EDIT!!!

8th April: all difficutly names moved down a peg (insain= hard hard =normal etc) scrapped the old easy mode, changed overall difficutly of normal to 8 and hard to 9

2nd April: Removed the custom sounds I don't have permission to use yet, done a few minor tweaks

21st March: tried to make the beatmap difficulty changes more like Ouendan, changed the X shape in MR X to remove the overlapping slider paths, broke the spacing rule in places but placed those notes closer together rather then further apart.

12th March: silder velocity on normal and easy made slower, as well as making the slider shapes I've been using smaller so it stays at the same sync. Lowered the difficutly settings further for easy mode in order for it to have a different star rating to the new version of normal mode. The old version of normal and hard which has the old faster slider velocity have been renamed to hard and insain.

9th March: added hard mode, broke the notes spacing rule in places, but only to make the beat numbers easier to see, need more feedback before can progress any further.

8th March: Due to the pace of the song, made the hit circles bigger for easy mode as well as changing their colour scheme. Fixed note spacing and overall timings on all modes based on whymeman's feedback.

6th March: replaced or removed overkill notes in Normal in favour of more sliders, Reduced hp drain by 1 on normal and increased note sizes by 1 on both difficultys.

My first beat map, I'm certain I've screwed up some of the timings and layout especially on normal and hard. I got a bit note happy in places, anywho let me know what you think. I had another track from the Streets or Rage series in mind I wanted to try too, but I thought I should try this first as it's slower paced, anywho let me know what you think =)
whymeman
Streets Of Rage..... man I never stopped playing it, even on the Wii :)

Lets see.....

Umm... its really hard to check [Easy] and [Normal] as they both need to be resnapped and adjusted completely....

...and the offset seems really off. I got 90ms for the offset as the song just about starts instantly. And for the BPM, I got 99.89 (I might be about .01 off but I checked the whole song and it stayed in sync with the tick rate.) Also, when changing your BPM or offset, becareful to not forget about resnaping or else you'll end up with "wondering" (out of sync) notes for the beatmap(s).

Also, for the slider placement to make the shapes, its really creative and its cool, but you have to make sure of the proper spacing from one note to the next (except spinners as it takes up the whole grid). Try adjusting the timming before working on the hitnotes.

And to make things easier, try using the playback rate controls to slow the song down to get a better accurate beat placement. I know its your first time making a beatmap, but this one will work out eventually with hard work and patence. :-3
Topic Starter
Shinkosai
Thanks for the advice I had no idea how to calculate offset, but I'm glad I at least got pretty close with the bpm. I Updated the first post based on changes.
whymeman
Nevermind about that offset, that song actually works with the off set of 0 since it does start instantly. My bad. :o

Well, the notes are still kinda out of place in the beatmap and i'll give you an example of how easy should be set from what most people would say. "Easy" difficulties have to be as simple as possiable as if you're letting a small 7 year old play or something. Which means you can't use beats in the 1/4 range (like notes on 2/4 and 4/4 or to put it in a simple term, "blue ticks".). Also, you might not want to try using a high silder velocity rate for easy modes. 1.40 or lower could work (but setting it out of spec within its lenght could make it "disapear"), but take note that would effect the sliders as you adjust it.
And when placing notes, you want to keep that steady pace with the main beat ("white ticks"). Putting hit notes to any beat in the song where some of them stands out would make it hard to play if its not recommended to do so.

Here's an example of how you can try setting it: Download: Sega - Intro (Streets Of Rage. Super Mix) (Shinkosai) [Example].osu

Oh, and one more thing, it seems you're using the hit sounds from "The World Ends With You" (TWEWY) Skin. It would be at better idea to ask the creator of the skin if you can use that for your beatmap so you can save yourself the trouble later.

Its okay to also ask for help in the chat since just reading the faq's alone is not enough but it would help to set the base of making a beatmap. But don't give up hope, you're doing better as you keep trying. :)
Topic Starter
Shinkosai
Sorry I was on holiday for a week but I'll get back to work on this. I also finally got a copy of ouendan 2, so hopefully my beatmapping will have improved on the next update.

edit: I'm thinking about putting custom sounds straight from the game like the punches etc, but methinks it will sound kinda tacky x.x in any case feel free to mod this or whatever guys because i'm stuck for ideas right now.
XepherX3
i can only tell you this>

remove easy and normal
call hard normal and move the overall difficulty in it to the 10 line
call insane hard

and thats it :!: :roll: :lol: :roll:
Topic Starter
Shinkosai
Thank you for the feedback, I know there's some pro skilled osu players here who fall asleep on this slower paced stuff, but 10 seems a bit overkill imo. I'll jack it up to about 8 and possibly 10 for insain now hard mode. I'm keep the old normal as easy mode just so the newbies won't feel left out.

Edit: easy mode seems to have an extra second for some reason, but I've checked through and I can't figure out why.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.