forum

Imogen Heap - The Walk

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 at 2:57:46 PM

Artist: Imogen Heap
Title: The Walk
BPM: 143
Filesize: 9358kb
Play Time: 02:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.79 stars, 343 notes)
  2. Normal (4.41 stars, 226 notes)
Download: Imogen Heap - The Walk
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is for the Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself album project. Be prepared for a likely combo break after the second break. Be glad I already nerfed the ending a little bit even though it was FCable before the nerf. Sorry though.

Edit: Used Behonkiss' 302 offset. Very nice. I hadn't looked at the timing yet. Thanks.
Edit 2: Hard is done. Again. I got rid of some spinners, replaced them with new sections, and changed a few other parts. It's quite different now.
Edit 3: The awesomeness was already at 11. Now it's at 12. Redownload.
Edit 4: Normal's done. Needs hit sounds though.
Edit 5: Done. Finally.

Here's a biased quote from Larto (He started the project and likes the song, so I say it's biased.)
13:29 <Larto> : That map
13:29 <Larto> : Seibei
13:30 <Larto> : It's awesome
13:30 <Larto> : Really awesome.
13:30 <Larto> : Like awesome awesome
13:30 <Larto> : Like awesome awesome with double chocolate.

On Vent:
mrtn: That map is so great, man. I play it every day.
Seibei: Yeah, I just like the ending.
mrtn: All of it. It's just great.

(Or something like that.)
Behon
Huzzah, someone's beatmapping my favorite Imogen Heap song!

I think an offset of 302 sounds a little better than what you currently have. Otherwise everything else is solid. Starred.
mrtn
Really fun map, I only have one comment: Please try mapping the chorus a little better :). I know you can do better than all the spinners ;).

Other than that great map ^^
mrtn
This map is so awesome!

The update made it even better, now i still have a small point that you might want to look at.

[Hard]
I have 1 slight suggestion.
at 01:10:896 the spinner feels a bit weird.
A possible pattern you could use that MIGHT make the map SLIGHTLY better is in the image below:
vytalibus
No errors at all, unless you guys are very quirky about the jumps in [Hard].
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Card N'FoRcE

Too bad i missed this one, really...
fuffolo

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

oh, heave quote...

Really, i think that you, SeiBei4211, at the end of the map, you had not idea about where to put the circles D:
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Even if you hadn't "missed this one" five months ago, I wouldn't have changed a single thing.
Ultimate

Myrko wrote:

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

oh, heave quote...

Really, i think that you, SeiBei4211, at the end of the map, you had not idea about where to put the circles D:

It may be two years later but I have to agree with Myrko on this one. Notes on hard (the end part) are bad paterns.
But hell, maps that are 2 years old, are supposed to be more crappy xP. This one just got ranked too soon :)
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
If I were to go in that map and change something today, I still wouldn't change the ending of Hard. It is the only good part of the entire map and, if anything, I would change other parts of the map to be more fun like the end. Except that would be inappropriate because the beginning of the map doesn't warrant fun and crazy sections like that. And people probably hated that section two years ago. It's not just because it's an older map. Most of my later maps are like that.