forum

I can't upload my song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rafas.sr
Hi there. I made a song on osu! and I'm trying to upload it but I can't. He says that the song is untimed or contain no beats. :cry:
I'm trying to upload since last week. I hope you help me.

Thank you. :mrgreen:
peppy
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13

Please read the part about timing and possibly watch the tutorial video. You won't be able to submit an untimed map as timing is imperative to getting any kind of accuracy.
MaxwellDemon
Didn't really see the need to create a new topic when someone already asked about uploading beatmaps...

I am having issue uploading my beatmap for some reason. It takes ages, I have left the uploading process for two hours and it is still uploading. Does it take that long? :oops:
peppy
Do you have any large files in your beatmap's directory (under Songs in your osu! directory). Check the filesize is around 20mb or less total.
MaxwellDemon
I have several songs that are over 20 MB... but the song I am trying to upload is only 3.35 MB. ^^;
peppy
Have you tried totally restarting osu! then uploading again? It should only take about 5 minutes maximum.
MaxwellDemon
Tried that. It is still taking quite awhile. ^^;
peppy
Is the progress bar moving the whole time? If I look at the files in the database you have attempted to upload, there are two of them - one with the artist "Tales of Memories" and one with "ELISA". The second has only the .osu file, but the first has both mp3 and osu. Either way - I will remove both entries from the database in case you want to try again.

Just to confirm - the moving progress bar should stop after a few minutes letting you click the post button and complete the upload process.
MaxwellDemon
The process bar was moving the entire time strangely enough ^^; and the submit button would be blocked off. Anyway, I'll try again later.

Thanks a lot for the help. :)
Kisada Aoi
Hello? I'm having some troubles with mine too. It's the first time I'm uploading a map and it's taking a lot. I tried restarting osu! as you advised but it still stopped at "distributing to global network" and I don't know what I should do ;w; thank you in advance
nooblet
Hoooly mother of ... 7 years ...
Rewben2
By far the longest necro I've ever seen

Dear lord

The fact the OP edited this 3 months ago is wtf too
Vuelo Eluko
insert social commentary of how peppy still hasnt fixed the editor after 7 years
Gigo
Just think about it guys - this thread was created only 1 month after the ranking of the first EVER beatmap. :o
Kisada Aoi
Sorry, nevermind, now it worked TT-TT