forum

Pause Sound and Music

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
In short, a sound played when Esc (or whatever is keybinded) is pressed, and music that plays (and can be addressed to loop?) while the pause menu is open, for skins and beatmaps. The default when the .wav's aren't present is just a blank sound file.

I just thought of this when I replayed DK64. :P

EDIT: even shorter:

1. Sound when you hit Esc.
2. Music that starts right away and doesn't loop; only plays once.
3. Warn mappers and skinners that music should be very subtle.
LuigiHann
I think that would be distracting in a music game.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Warn mappers and skinners that this should be used with subtle music only?

BTW, the music should stop when "Click the orange cursor to continue!" appears.
An64fan
I like this idea. =3 Lots of video games have music that plays faintly while you're in menus, or it quiets down the background music, depending on the game.

And it's not as though you couldn't take the .wav out of the skin folder if you didn't like it.
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
cyanberryio
If it is added if should have a option to enable it or not, it would be pretty nice though.
K2J
Maybe an image and one-time, short sample, but I definitely suggest against a loop.
AceOfArrows
Just a pause/unpause sound would be fine (in fact, that sounds dandy).

I just can't see music on the pause screen of a rhythm game. (Anyone responding with a retort pun about seeing vs. hearing music will be shot on sight.)
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
How's this as a pause from DK64? It's as subtle as subtle gets.

Besides, most likely the default skin won't have this, so rest easy. And like Ani said, you can always take out the files.
Zerostarry
I support this.

orz.