forum

Tsunku - Ping-Pong

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, 6 July 2009 at 8:25:01 PM

Artist: Tsunku
Title: Ping-Pong
Source: Rhythm Tengoku Gold
Tags: Nintendo rhythm heaven table tennis ping pong
BPM: 182
Filesize: 3893kb
Play Time: 01:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Melody Master (4.58 stars, 185 notes)
  2. Rhythm Novice (0.88 stars, 47 notes)
  3. Rhythm Student (1.55 stars, 55 notes)
  4. Rhythm Adept (5 stars, 260 notes)
  5. Rhythm Professional (4.56 stars, 182 notes)
Download: Tsunku - Ping-Pong
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Ping-pong from Rythm Tengoku Gold. Probably the most memorable part of the game.

Edits:
- Timing corrected
- Beat section in Hard mode (00:37:15~00:46:05) spaced.
- MELODY MASTER beatmap added
- Break added to novice.
- Professional and Adept completely respaced.
- Combo image and fireworks :D
- Pro mode sliders edited a little bit
- Pimped out with custom images!
- Artist changed
- Alace fixes made! (Finally) (? ? ? )
- Larto suggestions added.

Sweet replay of a SS rank achieved by James on Rhythm Adept
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/download.php?id=7235

This map was really fun to make and I hope you find it really fun to play as well. It took a lot of edits but I'm finally satisfied.
Alace
I got
BPM:182.00
offse:2857
don`t foget resnap all notes
Change bpm ----> resnap all notes (1/2 divisor) ----> -38ms for your two time lines ----> resnap all notes (1/2 divisor)

I think you can use some grid snap to male your maps looking better
For example
<Hard>
00:37:15~00:46:05 some circles are too close

I like the hitsounds and the cute ball circles
It is a very creative map set
I will star it after you fix timing ^^

WOW you fixed
I will follow this map until it ranked
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron
Thanks for the fast feedback on the map. I've fixed up what you've told me and I plan to go on a spacing hunt tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
An64fan
Not really modding thoroughly atm. But. *ahem*

PUT IN A HITCIRCLE OVERLAY PLEASE&THANKYOU. Even if it's just a transparent hitcircleoverlay.png.

Just before the spinner in Rhythm Novice could use a break. And some little things with spacing consistency in this.

I personally would like to see more mapping to the actual music (Rhythm Adept hardly does this at all especially), though I definitely see potential for this. I'm putting this on my list so I'll take a closer look at this when I'm able. :P For now, gets kudosu from me because this is pretty cool and the skinning is neat (although this NEEDS a circle overlay).

Quickedit: Oh, and the correct composer would be nice too...
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron
Alright. Changes have been made. Please download the new map. I'm still unsure about changing the composer.
YoshiKart
Hmm, I think this should be called Rhythm Rally instead; put "Heaven" as a tag also. :)

Unless Ping-Pong is the exact name for the game in the Japanese version, you can put rally in as a tag instead.
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron

YoshiKart wrote:

Hmm, I think this should be called Rhythm Rally instead; put "Heaven" as a tag also. :)

Unless Ping-Pong is the exact name for the game in the Japanese version, you can put rally in as a tag instead.
Ping-Pong is the original name. As I said, I'm getting all the info from the original CD collection. Also, heaven already is a tag :P
Jarby
You might want to change the slider whistle sound to a blank audio file.

Rhythm Novice:

The HP Drain rate and combos are patronizing. This currently plays like 'My First Rhythm Game'. It's fine as it is.
00:25:71 (1) - Change the break.

Rhythm Student:

Same problems with difficulty as Rhythm Novice, except these actually matter. Change them.
00:45:36 (5) - This is unexpected, hidden and strange.

Rhythm Adept:

The drain is fine, but the overall difficulty is cruel.

Good work.
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron

JarJarJacob wrote:

You might want to change the slider whistle sound to a blank audio file.

Rhythm Novice:

The HP Drain rate and combos are patronizing. This currently plays like 'My First Rhythm Game'. It's fine as it is.
00:25:71 (1) - Change the break.

Rhythm Student:

Same problems with difficulty as Rhythm Novice, except these actually matter. Change them.
00:45:36 (5) - This is unexpected, hidden and strange.

Rhythm Adept:

The drain is fine, but the overall difficulty is cruel.

Good work.
I've modified the difficulty settings a bit. But I'm confused about what your saying about 45:36 (5) in student. There is no 5. Do you mean that the slider shouldn't bounce back?

Also, what do you mean by slider whistle sound?
An64fan
Jarby

Rawrgasmitron wrote:

I've modified the difficulty settings a bit. But I'm confused about what your saying about 45:36 (5) in student. There is no 5. Also, what do you mean by slider whistle sound?
That was a mistake on my part. I meant in that time for Rhythm Professional.

You have a custom whistle sound at the moment. The normal whistle sliders goes something like EEeeeeEE. Your whistle sliders sound like ZAPeeeeZAP. Is this intended? You can solve it by only placing whistles on the slider start and ends.
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron
Well i've basicly completely respaced Professional and Adept to make them a little harder. The reason I do not want to add or move any beat in the timeline in Pro mode is because the beats are EXACTLY the same as the original game, and i feel it would loose some of its epicness if i did that. That is why I made melody master to make up for that. Can we make an exception for this?. Please keep giving me recommendations for the other 4 modes though.

@ JarJar: I haven't used any whistle sounds in sliders so I dunno what your talking about. The only sounds the beats should be making is the ping pong noises and a single whistle at the end.
Alace
This map set is really really good
<Rhythm Professional>
00:08:13 (1) can you move it more far from 00:07: 47 (1)

others are all fine
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron
Alace
Really nice fix
I will ask my friends to play this awesome map
I also it can be raned as soon as possible
Dangaard
I only played the highest difficulty and didn't really check for rankability, but it felt alright while playing. And especially on 2-player Tag Mode it's very funny :) .
Definetely a STAR!
Topic Starter
Rawrgasmitron

Dangaard wrote:

I only played the highest difficulty and didn't really check for rankability, but it felt alright while playing. And especially on 2-player Tag Mode it's very funny :) .
Definetely a STAR!
Thanks a lot! I recommend you play the top three difficulties as they are all pretty different and all of them are fun.
Al-Azif
sounds fun.
i can't see anything wrong during play / editor
show more