forum

IOSYS - Mayoi michi, semaru yami o mitousu nouryoku o (Yosuz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryuukun
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sonntag, 8. März 2009 at 16:09:33

Artist: IOSYS
Title: Mayoi michi, semaru yami o mitousu nouryoku o (Yosuzume no Utagoe ~Night Bird
Source: Tohou
Tags: Tohou
BPM: 162
Filesize: 5179kb
Play Time: 02:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (5 stars, 634 notes)
Download: IOSYS - Mayoi michi, semaru yami o mitousu nouryoku o (Yosuzume no Utagoe ~Night Bird
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This beatmap will be renewed and revived on a later date.
Its not dead yet and i have no plans on givin it up.
Daru
[Insane]
Overall:
Generally, the biggest criticisms I have here are spacing quirks and a "stiff" feeling to the map. it's almost as if you've constrained yourself to using only straight lines in some places, something which came across as "stiff" to me. Furthermore, I think you need to diversify your beat patterns a bit more. The first few were interesting, but only because they were now. After seeing the patten repeated ad infitum throughout the map they quickly grew boring. My favorite part of this map is therefore 2:07 - 2:16, where you mixed up beat patterns in accordance to a change in melody.

0:3:9 (6)- Move slightly to the right
0:7:4 (7-1)- The jump here feels awkward. I'd suggest repositioning the pink stream slightly closer or reconfiguring the beat locations.
0:11:7 (1-5)- More spacing here, the transition from the two 8th's above gave a sense of speed that isn't let off by the song, so you should retain this momentum in your next combo.
0:14:0 (1-13)- Here's an example of why I say your map feels "stiff". Try putting a curve on this stream or making it a bit more interesting than just a straight line (or bent line, but that's not the point).
0:19:0 (13-1)- Again, the jump here feels a bit awkward.
0:23:0 (13-16)- Space more appropriately to beat length here.
0:24:3 (1-7)- ^
0:29:0 (14-1)- Either move the slider closer to the purple stream, or space (13) and (14) appropriately.
0:32:5 (13-14)- Again, the spacing is thrown off here, without any indication from the song. Move (14) left appropriately.
0:44:3 (11-12)- ^ Move (12) away from (11) appropriately, according to the beat.
0:49:5 (1)- Don't connect this stream directly to the end of the previous. Try slightly below and to the right of the end of the previous stream, with a straight rather than curving stream.
0:53:6 (4)- Move this closer to (5) than (3).
0:59:0 (8)- Move closer to (7) slightly.
1:05:8 (5-7)- Space consistent with the pattern shown in other streams in this general area.
1:08:8 (5)- ^
1:14:7 (5)- ^
1:35:1 (2s)- Reverse slider direction
1:41:9 (5s-1)- Space more appropriately, too fast as is.
1:43:6 (10-1)- ^
1:46:4 (8)- Space further from stream; it looks as through it's part of the 1/4th stream there.
2:07-2:16~ My favorite part of this map. Nice spacing and an interesting beat arrangement.
2:24:8 (_)- Insert beat here, between (6) and (7).