forum

Anyone here into emulation?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alcoatjez
I saw some posts regarding emulation, but any of you who are really into it?
I'm a smod at Romshare & No-Intro and I'm also doing some (re)dumping work for No-Intro.
I'm a copybox and ROM collector and I collect everything, except most ISOs. I know it's a sick hobby, because of course you can collect way more than you can play :D
When I have moved into my new house in a few months, I will start working (again) on my new site for emu-N00Bs. It will be a site with tutorials on emulators/emulation. It will take a while before it gets finished, because I really suck at creating web pages...
eee
hellz ya
LuigiHann
No links to illegal material. I know you haven't posted any yet, it's just a heads-up.
Neo@lex
I don't emulate much on my PC, but I do on DS and Wii.
Funny thing is, right next to my TV I have my NES, SNES, MegaDrive and PS1, and I have a GBC currently in my schoolbag.
Nintendo says it's bad even if you own the games, but what would be the point in spending a fortune on Wii Points Nintendo Points when it's not that much trouble to just start up the original console?
tl;dr I emulate stuff because it's convenient.

VBA is cool though. It's fun playing Pokemon with hq4x.

Attachment:
File comment: inb4 ban
all_snes_roms.zip [2.64 GB]
Downloaded 18 times
Loginer
I emulate stuff because emulators are full of win. Playing Wii/PS2/GC games in 1680*1050 with AA and AF >>> Playing them on the actual consoles.
awp

neo@lex wrote:

Attachment:
Downloaded 16 times
good post

Download: Asaki - TLJA SCNCM ALRM (Sharp) [part(swish)].osu
Loginer
I just tried PCSX2 0.9.6 for the first time. All I can say is... wow. This thing must be at least 80% faster than previous versions, and it's much more compatible, too. Now I'll finally be able to play my legal copy of Taiko Drum Master. :D
RemmyX25

neo@lex wrote:

Attachment:
Downloaded 16 times
Well played my friend, well played.
Topic Starter
alcoatjez

LuigiHann wrote:

No links to illegal material. I know you haven't posted any yet, it's just a heads-up.
As I said, I'm a smod myself at 2 forums, so I will always stick to the rules :)
Pokebis
I've actually noticed you in emulation forums whilst doing some google lurking. I notice your osu! bar, your name and avi. You're a pretty kool guy and emulation is awesome. Props too ya'
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry
Ughhhh i've had this N64 ROM for years just cause i can't find the actual game anywhere ;_;
Topic Starter
alcoatjez
@Pokebis: Thank you! You probably saw me at EZ forums, where I try to help out some beginners.

@YoshiKart & Zerostarry: I own a pretty nice video game collection, so the games I play on emulators are also games that never got out in Europe. That includes fan translations, since a lot of them are of great quality.
An64fan

neo@lex wrote:

VBA is cool though. It's fun playing Pokemon with hq4x.
This is about it. Pokémon Gold. Used to own it, but it got stolen by a couple of guys who were jacking cars in the mall parking log. :( Wait no that was Crystal and all that... I don't know how it happened, Gold and everything else (except for lost, surviving Conker's Pocket Tales) was stolen sometime while moving.....

Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head that I'd want to emulate would be whatever Klonola game it was that I rented once long ago. Old, impossible to find now, but was lots of fun (and rendered me stuck near the end of the game... I HAVE to find out what detail I was missing!). But, yeah, there's not much else I can think of (most of the games I'd want to play I think I already have/still have, or at least that I can think of off the top of my head).
cyanberryio
I prefer portable emulation, I used to use quite a bit of emulators on the DS a lot, and then the PSP when I got one, then it was stolen. :(

Now I have my iPod Touch. :) It's pretty good at it.
But not a lot of ROMs.

I was wishing there was a n64 emulator for it, but no luck. There's PSX though! If I could get it to work. :o
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
BEST FUCKING EMULATOR EVER
Also, Brawl support ETA: One week. Can't wait.
phill_old
i liek emulation

(GTA Chinatown Wars for DS - Emulated in No$GBA. I don't think I'd even want to play this on DS, bring on a full on PC port!)
Topic Starter
alcoatjez
I just bought GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS yesterday and it's great! Definately a must buy if you own a DS. I was already a fan of the old 2D GTAs and this is a mix of the old and the new ones.
Loginer
BRAWL IN 1680*945 WITH 4X ANTI-ALIASING, 4X ANISOTROPIC FILTERING AND 360 CONTROLLER
THIS IS AWESOME
http://up.ppy.sh/files/braaaaaaawl.png
show more