forum

Score hover over info changes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gemi
The topic name probably told you nothing, so check out the screenshot:

http://gemi.nn.fi/hover_change.png

The hover over info box is very useful, but the important info is hard to check out quickly since all texts blends together.

What I would suggest is to have the '300', '100', '50' and 'Miss' colored with the respective colors and bolded, and also the texts 'Accuracy' and 'Mods' bolded. This would help to differentiate the actual information from the labels. The other option I can think of is to remove the '300', '100', '50' and 'Miss' lablels completely and just have the actual info numbers there with colored respectively, but I think that's a worse idea since it's not that intuitive for everyone.

Also, having commas as following might or might not help, I'm not sure:

300: 11, 100: 22, 50: 33, Miss: 44
peppy
I wouldn't mind being able to do cool colours like that with my text/tooltip object :P. I do like the idea but it will need a huge rework of things. Another concept I have been considering is showing detailed score info to the right of the song selection screen over the selection wheel. While you are hovering scores an opaque panel will appear with ranking info and anything else you can think of. How do you like this idea?
An64fan
The only real issue I could think with colouring the texts would be when it comes to custom skins which might not use the same colours for hits. Then again, with a "rework of things", I'm sure that that could be an easily avoided matter as well, no?
Topic Starter
Gemi

peppy wrote:

I wouldn't mind being able to do cool colours like that with my text/tooltip object :P. I do like the idea but it will need a huge rework of things.
I take it this might take some time then, since it's not a major change. Take your time. :)

peppy wrote:

Another concept I have been considering is showing detailed score info to the right of the song selection screen over the selection wheel. While you are hovering scores an opaque panel will appear with ranking info and anything else you can think of. How do you like this idea?
Hmm, I'd need to see it in action before I can really be sure if it works or not. It might work, but beforehand I'd have to say that I'm a bit sceptical.