forum

Kei Imai - One Night Carnival (authentic)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday April 10, 2009 at 8:58:49 PM

Artist: Kei Imai
Title: One Night Carnival
Source: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
Tags: ouendan authentic kishidan
BPM: 136
Filesize: 3615kb
Play Time: 02:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Gekiretsu ni Ouen (4.19 stars, 254 notes)
  2. Kakan ni Ouen (3.01 stars, 202 notes)
  3. Karei ni Ouen (4.41 stars, 254 notes)
  4. Kigaru ni Ouen (1.84 stars, 155 notes)
Download: Kei Imai - One Night Carnival
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Second authentic beatmap, this one coming from our badly spaced friend, Ouendan1. ^o^

I was actually lucky enough to catch a difference on Cheergirls difficulty and add it. Free Kudosu to whoever spots it!

BAT #1: m980
BAT #2: peppy

Changelog:
Mar. 13, 2009: Initial upload
Mar. 17, 2009: Fixed minyeob's drain rate suggestions. Correctly removed drumrolls from whistle sliders. Set Ouendan1 skin as preferred.
Mar. 27, 2009: Moved one slider by a grid. Changed a couple hitsounds. Thanks skyripper
Apr. 1, 2009: Took claps off of notes around 0:20:xx, etc, because they sounded wrong. Spotted volume inconsistencies and fixed them.
Apr. 10, 2009: Tidied one stack at the request of peppy.
minyeob
Love it!

HP drain rate
[Kigaru ni Ouen]
Decrease 2 levels.
[Kakan ni Ouen]
Decrease 1 level.
[Gekiretsu ni Ouen]
Fine.
[Karen ni Ouen]
Increase 1 level.

I tested it with NDS.
Jarby
You may want to change the preferred skin to Ouendan 2. The combo colours are a bit off, you'd be better off just reordering the defaults.
Topic Starter
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mm201
Oh, the longish, hyperbola-shaped ones. Yeah, they're all longer on one end:

Skyripper
Map is perfectly fine.. just some nazi stuff

[Kiagaru]
00:49:60 (1,2) - grid down to match horizontal spacing with slider end (adjust accordingly)
01:03:72 (1,2) - ^ but up instead of down
02:28:42 (1,2) - ^

[Kakan] I see a lot of places where white to red tick spacing is like, 1/4 of a grid different from other places (no biggie)
00:50:92 (4,5) - would look better aligned horizontally, but I don't want this suggestion to class with authenticness

[Karei] I would do 1 less overall difficulty on this one (that's just me).. Also red/white spacing changes like nuts
00:45:41 (3,4) - spacing (again this could be an authentic thing idk)
00:48:94 (3,4) - ^
01:03:05 (3,4) - ^

[Gekiretsu]
All the same type of things in this one. Red/white spacing changes a lot ... but colors hitsounds and everything else sound good

star of course
Topic Starter
mm201

Skyripper wrote:

[Kiagaru]
00:49:60 (1,2) - grid down to match horizontal spacing with slider end (adjust accordingly)
Everything is placed precisely, but the slider's endpoint is different because of speed inconsistencies. The fix which affects authenticity the least is to move the slider up by 1 pseudogrid. (9 osupixels)

Skyripper wrote:

01:03:72 (1,2) - ^ but up instead of down
02:28:42 (1,2) - ^

Skyripper wrote:

[Kakan] I see a lot of places where white to red tick spacing is like, 1/4 of a grid different from other places (no biggie)
This is the result of the rounding error in my beatmap scaling program. I'd fix it, but it would be long and tedious and I wouldn't know exactly the right place to put them. It's only one pixel, so I don't see the issue.

Skyripper wrote:

00:50:92 (4,5) - would look better aligned horizontally, but I don't want this suggestion to class with authenticness

Skyripper wrote:

[Karei] I would do 1 less overall difficulty on this one (that's just me).. Also red/white spacing changes like nuts
This is what m980 perscribed for Survivor.

Skyripper wrote:

00:45:41 (3,4) - spacing (again this could be an authentic thing idk)
00:48:94 (3,4) - ^
01:03:05 (3,4) - ^

Lol, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on 02:00:63 (2,3,4) :D That part always kept foiling me on the DS. :P

Kudosu for super nazi microscope powers, even though I only did one of them. You also helped me fix some hitnoises indirectly.

m980
Behon
Topic Starter
mm201
Nope, they're all original. (Well, nds rips. :P) And too complicated for a skin to use.

m980: ...which is why we need Overall Difficulty split into Approach Rate and Hit Window. (2 ticks from the right still feels right to me for Cheergirls.)
Sonnyc
ouendan 1 style map!
I like this~
have this shiny star~ :)
Gens

MetalMario201 wrote:

this one coming from our badly spaced friend, Ouendan1. ^o^
lol.

Oh yeah star.
peppy
gekiretsu
01:52:24 (6,7) - this stack is ugly. if you can't increase the automatic stacking, then at least align it so it looks like an osu! stack. I don't care if this is "authentic" - the stack looks horrible.

Same goes for any other stacks in the map (karei 01:52:24 (6,7))
Topic Starter
mm201
Yes, this is present for reasons of authenticity:

It's been changed anyway. I suppose this was inevitable. There's no room for purism in this community. :(
peppy
Perfect now. Ranked.