forum

Futuremark Peacekeeper

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
Finally, a decent benchmark for browsers.
http://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/index.action

My results:
Google Chrome 1.0: 1132 points
Firefox 3.6 (Minefield): 804 points
Firefox 3.0: 493 points
Internet Explorer 8: 417 points

Post your own results!
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Loginer

Atmey wrote:

Firefox (v3.1b3) Scored:
265 Points
CPU: Intel Pentium 4
GPU: Intel(R) 82865G

Ran it with Visual Studio in the background with few tabs open. I'll try to run it from home.

Why the hell the dual core has bigger score than the i7?
Dual cores are generally clocked higher than quad cores, and many browsers run on a single core.
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
The contrary, I believe. Very few programs are multi-thread safe, or at least utilize multi-threading I believe. For anyone who objects to multitasking, quad cores aren't going to do you much good unless your PC is a render farm. (Or at least that is what my limited knowledge leads me to believe.)
Hara
Hmm, yes awp. There isn't too much multi-threading out there to make a difference between Dual/Quad right now unless you multitask heavily. It's more for rendering and such stuff.

Either way, I did a quick little check on Firefox 3.0.7 with about 34 tabs up on this Q9450 (unclocked atm because of bad fan) and GF8800GTX machine which is already a little sluggish for being on some time with Vista, and landed a solid 487. Going to restart and check with other browsers in a minute.

EDIT: Not the most surprising results but Opera surprised me :S

Safari 4.0 - 1517 Points
Chrome 1.0.154.48 - 1204 Points
Firefox Minefield - 859 Points
Opera 9.64 - 642 Points
Firefox 3.0.7 - 523 Points
Internet Explorer 7.0 - 224 Points