This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2009年8月9日 at 16:42:17

Artist: Shimamiya Eiko
Title: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Source: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
BPM: 105
Filesize: 11250kb
Play Time: 02:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. abalee's Easy (4.17 stars, 217 notes)
  2. ignore's Hard (4.73 stars, 439 notes)
  3. pencil's streams (4.93 stars, 535 notes)
  4. Roley's Demonic Insane (4.72 stars, 414 notes)
Download: Shimamiya Eiko - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
people joined:

v2b/abalee/Roley

thanks^^

edit: Kiai time was cancelled due to my mistake, sorry about it ^^

Long time not updated. Changed some version names/added abalee's easy/move to pending

OK, last update. Re-uploaded some missing pictures. Changed background.

To control max score, I removed part of Roley's and my difficulties. (now below 6m) v2b's streams remains unchanged.

Rollbacked my difficulty to April's version. My changes on the map since April made the map look even worse.

Removed Jar's TV Hard(obviously don't fit here, especially when there's a TV version pending). I'd recommend that author include Jar's version.
v2b
Jarby
Add a video. You shouldn't map the whole song, if that's what you're planning. Shorter maps are better. My difficulty seems to have been rejected from this version of the map, so I'll post it here.

v2b's L5:

Change the tick rate to 2.

Download: Shimamiya Eiko - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (ignorethis) [Jar's Madness].osu
Topic Starter
ignorethis
Well Jar, we adopted your version, but why shorter? Would you mind mapping a full version?

Also please don't overuse sound effects~

About video... No, my PC cannot play videos in osu. Also I don't like videos in beatmap, it'll make the map messy.
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
ignorethis

JarJarJacob wrote:

I'm fine with mapping a full version, but I'm sure most players prefer playing simple 1 minute 30 second songs to full versions. Where did I overuse sound effects?
People told me that short maps are boring to play... I'm ok with short though, but please map a full ver if you want ^^

SEs... oh, just don't use whistles one after another. Make it at the end of a combo set.
roleykatsu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
roleykatsu
btw, I myself would want to make a beatmap for this. You don't mind if you put in another beatmap? It is in the making, and I will probably make the duration go as long as it is in the show, but that decision will change.

I am really interested in this song, so I just have to make a map out of it, and there is no point for me to find another audio file to make a beatmap someone else made, so I just thought that I would rather give you my copy of it. May you please let me also make a version?

To show my full support, I will give this map a star :3
roleykatsu
I finished creating my beatmap.

It took 3 hours, but it was worth it. I think some progress still needs to be made.

I really hope you will adopt my beatmap too. :)

I also packed in here my own background picture (the one that you supplied made my beatmap lag too much on my pc, so I needed a less-lagging pic, I know it sounds weird, but thats what happened.)

Can you please submit the beatmaps again with mine included and with mine having my background pic?

I hope it won't be much of a bother to you. ;)
v2b
Topic Starter
ignorethis
Roley: Nice work, really nice. But some of the distances and arrangements may need fixing. I'll point them out later.

BSS isn't accessible here now, so I will resubmit your map after I return home tomorrow evening(about 20 hrs from now).
Topic Starter
ignorethis
~[Hard]~

00:37:390 - New timing here, mostly for audio adjustments
A) BPM: Leave as it is
B) Offset: 37,390
C) Audio Volume: 2nd tick from the middle heading right
Fixed.

02:11:103 (Slider 1) - Re-create this slider, only this time extending to 02:12:103
Fixed.

02:11:262 - New timing here, mostly for audio
A) BPM: Leave as is
B) Offset: 131,262
C) Audio Volume: 1st tick from the middle heading left

{No problems here, I should say, mostly audio tweaks, so nothing much :) }
I think this isn't necessary is it?

Following is my review of the map, which took me around 20 mins.

Well, not nazi-ing, but I went through your map carefully and make some suggestions here(not order). I'm not like mogsy's combo nazi-ing but personally I don't like long combos.

00:36:104 - Add a note here. Also move the green line on 8 to this point.
00:41:676 - New combo here.
00:43:962 - ^
00:50:676 - ^
01:06:247 - New combo, and there're too few notes around here, would you consider adding some more? They don't fit with the fast combo sets afterwards.
01:08:533 - ^
01:14:676 (4) - Remove clap.
01:21:104 - New combo.
01:25:676 - ^
01:28:962 - Make 5 and 6 line up with 3 and 4.
01:42:390 - Add a note here.
01:57:104 - New combo.
01:58:676 - Make this slider ends at 01:58:533.
01:59:390 - New combo.
02:06:247 - ^
02:13:104 - ^ also a bit empty around here.
02:21:676 - ^
02:31:962 - ^
03:29:104 - Well... What's wrong with this distance?
03:31:390 - New combo.
03:33:104 - Cancel new combo.
03:35:962 - New combo.
03:40:533 - ^
03:45:113 - ^
03:49:819 - ^
03:58:819 - ^
04:04:247 - 1~6 don't fit a lot and sound awkward too. Please change them. Same with the set of combo later.
04:10:962 - Add a note. Same with the two sets later.
roleykatsu
Thanks for the gigantic help, ignorethis!

I dont see the new updates for the beatmaps yet (since you didn't submit it yet), but from your reply, I think that your map is fixed.

Here is the attachment of my map. Be sure to include the background picture I supplied to you when I attached my map for the first time.

Just a little heads up.
--------------------------------
In my map, I added notes, lots of em.

They include:

One long-ish spinner
Several notes in the ending
Several notes after the 2 C-Slider combos. [I had to use 1/8 snap divisor for this part, because I didnt want to use a 2x faster timing, because it would mess up the timing :| ]

Some breaks were removed.

I also changed my difficulty name to Roley's Demonly Insane, because I think this map is now more of an extreme challenge, then just a hard beatmap, but that's just my opinion :P
-----------------------
Anyway, I hope you can submit the new beatmap versions soon :)
------
IMPORTANT EDIT!
After the Kiai Time implemented to osu!, I just had to add it to some choruses on my map.
The attachment below contains the new Roley's Demonly Insane with Kiai time, so be sure to download it.
roleykatsu

Roley wrote:

After the Kiai Time implemented to osu!, I just had to add it to some choruses on my map.
Strangely, I had to update my beatmap version, and the Kiai Time was removed. I don't know if it was either that the Kiai Time did not come with the attachment or if you removed it, but tell me if you think I should re-add the Kiai Time and then send the map again.
---------Edits to this post---------------
Edit 1: Well, I am still planning to destroy some breaks and replace them with more beats, so Kiai Time is now back for my map. When I finished adding more beats, I shall attach my map in this post with Kiai Time, and with more beats.

Edit 2: Done! I removed all of the breaks and replaced them with beats (that of course, follow the track). The only breaks available are later on in the end. Kiai Time was applied to the chorus--may you please submit the map with Kiai Time implemented?

The attachment contains my edited beatmap. As always, please remove the old Roley's Demonly Insane and replace it with this one, add my background picture, and please try to submit map with Kiai Time applied. (I still don't know why was Kiai Time removed when you submitted my map)

P.S.: Nice work with your version, it sounds great!
Topic Starter
ignorethis
Well sorry, I edited this map on a computer with older version of osu(can't be updated), and kiai time disappeared. Now it comes back.

I actually add your BG image, but every time I try to upload, osu reminds me that pic isn't used and suggest me to remove it... Can you see the image in the beatmap?
roleykatsu

ignorethis wrote:

Well sorry, I edited this map on a computer with older version of osu(can't be updated), and kiai time disappeared. Now it comes back.

That Explains Much :P

I actually add your BG image, but every time I try to upload, osu reminds me that pic isn't used and suggest me to remove it... Can you see the image in the beatmap?

Yes, I can see that image on my osu!. That pop up that you get (about osu! reminding you that the pic isn't used) only appears when you are using more than one background picture for a pack of beatmaps. You should ignore the suggestion.
abalee
asked to make a difficulty. and seems i must make a normal one XD

i extended the length to about 3 mins. plz redownload it ;)

Download: Shimamiya Eiko - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (ignorethis) [abalee's normal].osu
Topic Starter
ignorethis
Just a quick reminder that I'll be away from home from 25th Mar(today) till 29th Mar(Sun), during this period of time I can't access BSS system and don't seem to have chance to mod my map. Sorry about that, and this map will be renewed as soon as I returned home on Sunday.
roleykatsu

abalee wrote:

asked to make a difficulty. and seems i must make a normal one XD

i extended the length to about 3 mins. plz redownload it ;)

Every map counts ;)
Pasonia
show more