forum

Monty Norman Orchestra - James Bond Theme (from Dr. No)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
i am nobody
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on July-10-09 at 4:07:45 PM

Artist: Monty Norman Orchestra
Title: James Bond Theme (from Dr. No)
BPM: 71.9
Filesize: 1964kb
Play Time: 01:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. 00 Agent (4.82 stars, 225 notes)
  2. Agent (4.59 stars, 192 notes)
  3. New Recruit (3.55 stars, 124 notes)
  4. Operative (4 stars, 152 notes)
Download: Monty Norman Orchestra - James Bond Theme (from Dr. No)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, this is my second beatmap. i tried to do all 4 difficulties and tried to vary them a bit even though they still are pretty similar, maybe even repetitive...
anyway please comment on it, help me if anything is wrong.

its mostly done, but there are probably a few things left to fix/change
Topic Starter
i am nobody
um, i've updated the beatmap, fixed it quite a bit, but i cant upload the new version since its in the beatmap graveyard. i think my beatmap is at least decent and i think someone should take a look at it when they have time. i really hope its good and i would like someone to consider putting it in another forum so that i can upload it. im patient, so i can wait a while. thanks.
mattyu007
Moved to Beatmap Help
Topic Starter
i am nobody
yay, thanks. now lets hope someone actually checks this beatmap.
Matma Rex
[Overall]
BPM and offset seem a bit off. I got BPM 71.90, offset 7327, but I'm not an expert. If you change it, resnap all notes, recalculate sliders.
Make additional timing sections inherit last ones. It should work well.

Suggestion: use soft hitsouds.

Add some hitsounds.
Do not use black hitcirlces on almost black background. I felt almost like playing hidden, especcially on Easy.
Lower slider tick rate, or make the sound silent. That pack-pack-pack is annoying.

Normal, Hard and Insane have almost same beginnings.

[Easy]

(times below may be a bit off, I was messing with offset/BPM)
00:17:14 (1) - 1/4 forward.
00:31:79 (3) - 1/4 forward.
00:42:76 (6) - shorten by 1/2.
00:44:115 (x) - add note here.
00:45:57 (9) - 1/2 earlier.
00:52:24 (9) - 1/4 earlier.
00:54:11 (1) - 1/4 shorter.
00:57:65 (6) - make it normal.
00:58:90 (8) - 1/4 earlier.
01:04:32 (7) - make it normal.
01:21:98 (4), 01:23:68 (4) - make them sliders like 01:25:38 (4).
01:28:79 (4) - shorten by 1/2.

[Normal]

Make slider velocity slower.
Compare with [Easy] and try to do same fixes.
Topic Starter
i am nobody
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
i am nobody
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
i am nobody
also, i was wondering if claps would fit well in this song, i added them to normal and hard and with insane i created a second one with claps, please tell me your opinions of whether i should add claps or not.
Matma Rex
At all, I dont like claps myself, so you shouldnt ask me. Go and spam #mod with mod requests ;)
Topic Starter
i am nobody
yeah, i dont like them much either. i'll probably take them off if at least one more person agrees.

edit: actually in my last post i was talking about only on the insane/00 Agent level, but now im talking about claps on all the other difficulties. I dont know if i should keep them or not.
aRiskOfRain
Very good job all round. I'd be happy to have this approved now.

New Recruit: At the end, I think one spinner will do? 2 in a row on harder difficulties are OK, but...
Operative: My favourite, but there's two circles at 1:12:70 or so I feel should be the other way around.
Agent: I see nothing wrong, and the little extra claps and stuff, are perfect.
00 Agent: Nothing wrong either.

On the subject of claps... I like them. *preparing to be shot* Perhaps a few less, but that's it.

You get a star from me.
Topic Starter
i am nobody
well i fixed the spinner thing at the end on all four difficulties, and about the two circles, if you meant the position then i moved them a bit, should be all right now. About the claps, i do agree that with them its better so i kept them on agent and on 00 agent i took out some. so... yeah. oh, and thanks.
Matma Rex
[Overall]
I dont like Kiai's.
Lower slider tick rate or make ticks silent (make an empty wav and name it 'slidertick.wav', then enable overrides). Now they are annoying, for me at least.

[Operative]
01:17:09 (8,9) - align 9 with and of 8.

[Agent]
I like those claps, from 00:20:67.
But hate part from 00:40:78 with no special hitsounds at all. It sounds ugly.
01:32:40 (8) - remove it, maybe? Or at least remove repeat.

[00 Agent]
I dont like zig-zag sliders: 00:42:76 (6), 00:49:42 (6), 00:55:99. But it's just me.
01:04:32 (2) - remove repeat?
01:21:98 (4,5,6,1) - 1 seems misaligned.
01:32:35 (9) - remove it, maybe? Or at least remove repeat. And make it less zig-zag.

When I'll have more kudosu to spend, I'll give you another star. Now I need them for my maps :/
Topic Starter
i am nobody
I agree that kiais can sometimes be annoying, sometimes they make it harder to see your mouse with all the flashing lights and stuff, but they can also sometimes make things look nicer. That's why i only added it on the 3 harder levels and only put it in a few places.

Anyway, i fixed most of what you said, lowered tick rate, added some hitsounds, but only the finish sound, i didnt think the others would sound good. I dont know what to do with the zigzag sliders on 00 agent so i left the first two, the last one i changed it.
Topic Starter
i am nobody
you know, i've looked at and played my beatmap and i've come to the conclusion that, well its just not very fun.

since im not an experienced beatmapper and dont know how to do storyboarding and stuff and simply dont really know how to make a fun beatmap, i want to know if its possible to let someone else work on it, because i really want this song to have a good beatmap. maybe someone who's experienced can work on it and finish it, maybe change it completely, and i could give a bit of feedback and maybe say what i would like in it, and when its finished he can get all the credit, or half if he chooses.

i just dont feel like working on it anymore really.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.