forum

ATT: Anyone whos ripped Brawl models or is good at 3D modeli

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gaph2000
I've ripped all the models of the tophies from Brawl, as well as their textures, but how do I actually apply the textures :P ? I'm going to be making papercrafts out of them (Don't tell me about the high poly count, I know.), and other models that I've ripped from Gamecube games and such have textures automatically applied when rendering, or give me the option to choose textures in Pepakura (If you don't know what that is, don't ask - Its not important).

If it helps I'm using 3DStudio Max 2009
Loginer
Unless the mapping coordinates were dumped as well, you'll have to replicate them yourself. You can do this with the Unwrap UVW modifier, but mapping one model is time-consuming enough, let alone every trophy in Brawl. I suggest finding/waiting for a better dumper.
LuigiHann
YAY EBA TROPHY
Jarby

LuigiHann wrote:

YAY EBA TROPHY
Could we just take the graphics from the trophies and use them as 3D dance models?
Topic Starter
gaph2000

JarJarJacob wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

YAY EBA TROPHY
Could we just take the graphics from the trophies and use them as 3D dance models?
I thought about that, but the models are WAY too detailed. They'd slow down ANY computer alot.
Loginer

gaph2000 wrote:

JarJarJacob wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

YAY EBA TROPHY
I thought about that, but the models are WAY too detailed. They'd slow down ANY computer alot.
I highly doubt that. What's the triangle count?
Topic Starter
gaph2000
I don't know about triangles, but the poly count is 17,614. And I was wrong about it slowing down the computer, must have been something wrong with it last night. It still might slow down with osu running though.

Anyways, whenever peppy's up for it, they need to be T-posed and everything, which I can't do. Also, I don't know if it actually looks like this normally, but Afro Guy (Does he have a name? I can't remember) has half of his fro cut off.

EDIT: Back on topic, how would I tell if the model coordinates were ripped too? 3DS Max gives me the option to "Preserve Max's Texture Coordinates" when exporting, but I dont know if that does that everytime or not. And about the Unwrap UVW, when clicking that, it outlines a few faces in green, and those faces all have the same texture, and only those faces. (An example is the hammer - The round bits on the side of the mallet both have the same texture, and those are both outlined in green.) How do I apply the textures from here?
Loginer

gaph2000 wrote:

EDIT: Back on topic, how would I tell if the model coordinates were ripped too? 3DS Max gives me the option to "Preserve Max's Texture Coordinates" when exporting, but I dont know if that does that everytime or not. And about the Unwrap UVW, when clicking that, it outlines a few faces in green, and those faces all have the same texture, and only those faces. (An example is the hammer - The round bits on the side of the mallet both have the same texture, and those are both outlined in green.) How do I apply the textures from here?
The green lines separate different pieces of the UVW map from each other. Just click on Help > Tutorials and skim through the entire "Materials and Mapping Tutorials" section to learn everything you need to know about materials, or skip directly to "Managing Texture Coordinates" if you just want to learn about the Unwrap UVW modifier.
awp

JarJarJacob wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

YAY EBA TROPHY
Retarded suggestion, but only because of how blatantly illegal that is. The osu! client contains strictly original content at the moment, and I have this feeling that peppy intends for it to stay that way.

17,000 polys doesn't sound like that many, actually. Consider that maybe half of them will be visible at any one time.
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

Retarded suggestion, but only because of how blatantly illegal that is. The osu! client contains strictly original content at the moment, and I have this feeling that peppy intends for it to stay that way.
That's a dumb reason. It wouldn't be implemented into the main client, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be added as "DLC" like the skins or beatmaps. This assumes that we get a pippi model in first, then we could add other characters as downloadable extras.
Topic Starter
gaph2000
Or possibly peppy could just make the actual coding for it, but not specify a model, and then anyone can add any model like beatmaps. Or is that what you meant?
LuigiHann

gaph2000 wrote:

Or possibly peppy could just make the actual coding for it, but not specify a model, and then anyone can add any model like beatmaps. Or is that what you meant?
Basically, yeah. Although I was thinking that there'd be a base model just so that the feature has a purpose :p
Jarby

awp wrote:

Retarded suggestion, but only because of how blatantly illegal that is.
This whole website runs off blatant illegality.
awp
No, chigau (the beatmap host server) is actually separate from the main osu! site. If the bigwigs find themselves in need of something to do and decide to bring down the iron fist there'd be no immediate way to download beatmaps but I don't think any legal action can be taken against this site itself or the osu! client. So long as the brawl models aren't a part of it.

That said, the trophies probably aren't rigged or skinned. I think the best purpose they'd serve is a reference for modeling something else (most likely from scratch).
Topic Starter
gaph2000
Alright back on topic. I talked to someone who's done it before, he told me how, and it was very easy. Too easy. Future reference, anyone needs to know how, just ask.
LuigiHann
So can you make a papercraft of the EBA trophy? :3
Topic Starter
gaph2000

LuigiHann wrote:

So can you make a papercraft of the EBA trophy? :3
Maybe if I feel like dealing with 17,000 faces, 9/10ths of which are smaller than my finger nail...
LuigiHann
Ahaha. No straightforward way to tone it down? Shame.

I wonder if it's possible to rip the models from the original DS games.
Topic Starter
gaph2000
There is, with an emulator and software called OGLE, but I can't figure out how to get OGLE to work.

BTW, it's time to finish my dream of turning almost every trophy in Brawl into a papercraft. I say almost because, well, there's things like the EBA model :P. My results will most likely be posted in my papercraft thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11273
LuigiHann
It is odd that while most of the Brawl trophies are just ripped from other games, EBA and Ouendan have such detailed, handcrafted models. Somebody on that team must have been an iNiS fan :D
show more