forum

Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi - Clock Town

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on June 5, 2009 at 6:58:27 PM

Artist: Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi
Title: Clock Town
Source: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Tags: link n64 nintendo 64
BPM: 110
Filesize: 7147kb
Play Time: 01:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Day 1 (3,11 stars, 73 notes)
  2. Day 2 (4,72 stars, 125 notes)
  3. Day 3 (4,99 stars, 192 notes)
Download: Koji Kondo, Toru Minegishi - Clock Town
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The three Clock Town themes from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Thanks to SeymourLyon for screenshots :D
AdvanceBoy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
Thanks :D I kind of suck with offsets, especially when I'm not tap timing.

I'll change those tonight :)
EnergyWizard
really loved this game and each of the 3 songs (prtty much like all the zelda songs) played day1 felt good hope this gets ranked *added a star
James2250
really cool map..looked through it twice and couldnt find any mistakes -_- now..why is this in help!?!?! :P
minyeob
[Day1]
Offset:22,085
42:808(5)-> This is too far from (4).
1:12:640(4,5,6)-> Move left a bit.

[Day2]
Looks fine~

[Day3]
Offset:3,317
57:044(2)-> Ugly

Have a star!
Anyways, thanks for requesting~
Topic Starter
0_o
Fixed, not exactly sure what you meant in 57:044 (2), but I changed it anyway :) Thanks :D
Zeek
This map seems fine, really. The only suggestion I can come up with is to use spinners during 00:28:917 - 0:35:250 range to add more difficulty. Other than that, get some better backgrounds (possibly for each day ;) ).

This could be used for the side image that appears (half of it, anyway).
Topic Starter
0_o
Oh good idea with the comboburst, I never thought of doing something like that...

And yeah the background that I have now is just temporary till I can get some good screen caps of the three days (see first post). I'll get to work on the comboburst/backgrounds in a few days, starting about now I'm taking a break from osu! to study for an exam on Wednesday :|

Thanks for taking a look :D
Lef
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
Starrodkirby86
The moon! OH GOD THE MOON! Somehow I feel that should be storyboarded into this interesting relaxing (but maybe tense on Day 3) beatmap.

[Day 1]:
Pretty good, I suppose.

[Day 2]:
00:07:59 (7) - This is a matter of personal taste, but perhaps you should have the (7) at a diagonal similar to the 2-3 and 4-5? Having the (7) be so high like that is also funny looking.
00:13:83 (5) - New combo.
00:30:15 (4) - Beginning of this slider gets a clap.
00:30:63 (5) - Beginning of this slider gets a clap too~
00:40:23 (3) - Clap?
00:45:99 (4) - Clap it to me, baby! (Clap here)
00:46:47 (5) - New colombo~ [combo] (I must be bored)

[Day 3]:
00:24:11 (8) - New combo~
00:28:91 (1,2) - The slider overlaps its own endpoint, which might make it hard to play. Can you revise this?

Not too many errors, excellent job.

Now, I'm no master at time signatures, but since this song plays like a waltz, using the 1/3 divisor and all, should the Timing Signature be 3/4? To change the Timing Signature, go to the Timing Setup Panel and there should be a choice. Only works for red bars, by the way.

Star. :)
Topic Starter
0_o
Thanks :) I made most of the changes, though I kept the sliders in Day 3 the way they were for now. I think it's pretty easy to distiguish which way they are going, so I'm gonna wait for a BAT opinion before changing that.

And the time signature is 4/4 (well, actually likely 12/8 or 6/8), but if you listen there's a new phrase every 4 white ticks. (or 8). So think of it as 4/4 with triplets.
Lef

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Somehow I feel that should be storyboarded
/me thinks exactly same. I can provide more screenshots... Haha~
Shinxyn
Topic Starter
0_o
Made most changes, thanks ^_^
Metroid
Day 1
00:55:72 (5) - move it to the right a little.

Day 2
00:10:47 (1) - don't make it a new combo...
00:12:71 (3) - move this and the slider together so the 3 slightly touches the slider "end" beforehand.
00:33:51 (1) - no need for a new combo.
00:49:35 (6) - I don't think a slider+ pattern completely overlapping a upcoming slider is allowed.
00:52:71 (3) - move this down a little so it sightly touches the 2 and 4 hitcircles.
00:56:07 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - the 1 to 4 objects should slightly touch, remember to move 5 and 6 together to conform to spacing.

Day 3
00:04:11 (5) - move the slider so slightly upward to the right a little to add a pinch of room between it and the hitcircle beforehand.
00:10:51 (4) - same as above^ but move it to the bottom right a little.
00:14:91 (7) - move it to the left a little to make some room like above^.
00:15:18 (8) - move it so it has a little room from 7.
00:16:91 (6) - move it down a little to make a little room.
00:40:25 (2,3,4) - move each hitcircle individually to make a little room.
00:40:91 (6) - move it slightly downward to the left for some room.
00:43:58 (2) - move it up a little to make a little room.
00:45:31 (3) - move the head of the slider upward to the left a little for room.

RED means SUPER Nazi suggestions...

Awesome mapping and nice for mapping so well to a 1/6 divisor song.
starred
Topic Starter
0_o
Fixed :) Thanks :D

Oh and honestly, the song is only in 1/3, which is much easier than 1/6 :P
(that's unfortunately not the case for this...)
whymeman
Interesting change of music for each difficulty. I like that. 8-)

Day 1 (Done)

I don't see anything wrong with this diffculty. Its clean and simple.

Day 2 (Done)

00:09:99 (1,2,3,4) - The shape on this looks a bit odd, especially with the spacing between (2) and (4), but just a suggestion.
00:29:51 (2) - The end of this slider is slightly unevenly linked with the end of the slider (4).
00:45:99 (4) - Then this note shows up, (2) is still fading out and it makes this note look a bit odd since its not at the same place as (2). Just a suggestion to look at.

Day 3 (Done)

00:13:18 (2,3) - This has a bit more space in between then the other set of notes.
00:14:51 (1,2,3) - The gap between (1) and (2) is different slightly from (2) and (3).
00:28:91 (1,2,3) - Is this supposed to be the Triforce? You might need to use more than just 3 points of making the slider shape for (1) and (2) to get it even or you can use the Linear (No Curves) or the Catmull-Rom (Shaped Curves) setting to make it easier.
00:39:05 (3,4) - There is a small space difference here compared the rest of this combo.
00:41:98 (2,3,4) - ^

Sticky Note: This map is well done and the timing is perfect. The note placement isn't cluttered either. Just minor spacing differences but those are just suggestions of what i've noticed to let you know about. It was also interesting how you used 3 different versions of the song, 1 for each difficulty. And I never knew this song had 1/3, but it works perfect with it as far as I checked. I'll give this map a star for the effort.
Topic Starter
0_o
show more