forum

Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on January 24, 2008 at 7:06:11 PM

Artist: Blind Stare
Title: Shotgun Symphony
BPM: 181
Filesize: 6103kb
Play Time: 04:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (4.07 stars, 405 notes)
  2. Normal (4.56 stars, 454 notes)
  3. Hard (4.85 stars, 603 notes)
  4. Insane (4.88 stars, 669 notes)
Download: Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my favourite song from the band Blind Stare, which is also my favourite band (technically it's a tie with Ram-Zet, but I digress). And, in my opinion, this is the best melodic death metal I have ever heard. Ever.

I had a lot of fun making this beatmap and I think it turned out really well. After several hours of hard, rigorous work, it now supports Easy, Normal, Hard AND Insane difficulty. How about that!

Download, have fun, and enjoy!

(Surgeon General's Warning: beatmap consists of nearly four minutes of gameplay on all difficulties).

EDIT: Turns out, when I compressed the mp3 file, it added a quarter beat of lead-in time on the sound file, so EVERY note was a quarter-beat later than it should be. I fixes.
EDIT2: We get Normal Difficulty. I originally intended this to be a mod of hard, but I ended up remaking quite a few sections. Normal has more Etna Sliders than Easy or Hard. If that's your thing, lucky you!
EDIT3: All adjustments made to Hard: Tweaked the break periods as per Freon's suggestion, made beat spacing more consistent in a couple sections, and found that one note that was off-beat and fixed it.

EDIT4: Insane mode is now up. This is my first Insane beatmap and took me quite a while to do. Because the song is long, I've decided to NOT be a dick and balanced easier and harder sections of the song in such a way that, if you screw up a harder section, you won't be bombarded with another hard section to finish you off. Instead, you have a chance to build your HP back up before the next dangerous zone. The breaks are adequate in length, giving enough time for a breather. The song is also slightly easier toward the end with more forgiving beat spacing, in an effort to reduce the frustration.

Don't forget to check out this post for a fifth, extremely difficult, all-new difficulty of this infamous song.
Fraeon
So, um, what's with the extremely short sections with breaks in between in the hard version?

For example this one section only has a spinner and then there's a break. You might as well omit that short break. You might as well omit that.

Another thing that's bugging me is the length. 5 minutes is sort of pushing it.

Technically it's all fine though, so I might just wait what others think of it.
Topic Starter
awp
Ah, I went ahead with the break correction anyway. It makes things more fluid and fun to play I think, so thanks for that!
Survivor_old
Very good, the only thing I can complain about is the length, really, but being a metal song, it sort of deserves some space, there's not many out there

Must've been a pain to map this 5 minute song 4 times...
Topic Starter
awp

Survivor wrote:

Must've been a pain to map this 5 minute song 4 times...
I almost thought that

but the song is just so fucking awesome that it was worth the ~8 or so hours.

Also I believe the playtime listed is incorrect; the song itself is 5:06 and every difficulty has plenty of breaks. It's likely closer to four minutes of play.

EDIT: Also, if you think mapping a five minute song is a pain...

...you have no idea what I'm planning to do in the upcoming weeks.
Rolled
I do not mind long songs at all :D I've played hard and insane, and find no flaws. This map is excellent and is great fun.

Beyond rank quality imo.

bubble'd
Zyid
Crazy beatmap, very well done. The music's not my cup of tea, but the polish on the beatmap can't be denied.

*Ranked*
Saturos
This falls into the 'I need to mod' category, but there's two things I noticed about the Insane beatmap:

1. I believe the slider at 21:65-21:85 is going to wrong direction. It's backwards compared to all others in that section and breaks the pattern. It was probably just overlooked. *EDIT: Seems the set of sliders immidiately after this one is also this way, now I'm not sure if this was intentional or not.

2. The slider at 4:14:90-4:15:17 is basically impossible. I don't think my mouse can even register that fast. >>

Loved it otherwise. ;)
Topic Starter
awp

Saturos wrote:

2. The slider at 4:14:90-4:15:17 is basically impossible.
Yes it is kind of ridiculous - the premise behind it should be obvious, what with the shotgun and all.

However your mouse only needs to be at the end points at the right time, because there's no tickers in the slider. It's still an insane jump though, yes, so I'm wondering if maybe I overdid it.
Rolled
I've never had wrist pain from any osu song until now.

Thanks, asshole. :(

ps - I'm coming for you on this one, saturos.
Topic Starter
awp
Breaking news Saturos got a 300 on the shotgun cock on insane
Saturos

awp wrote:

Breaking news Saturos got a 300 on the shotgun cock on insane
True story. The impossible is possible, and is available in the replay...though the rest of the last 2 minutes isn't exactly great. Lawl.

Good luck, Rolled.
machol30
Got 300 on Shotgun cock twice now (the one with the S Rank and another with Hidden A Rank). :)

A lot of people are asking me to do SH SSI, and I'm working on it now.
Third attempt! :)
Download: buraimaster1234 - Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony [Insane] (20080603094843).osr

Topic Starter
awp
my gawd burai your TWEWY skin is outdated~

but damn it good work
James
Can Burai block all Sephiroth's attacks? :D
hunnykilla

James wrote:

Doubt it. I would like to see though.
machol30

awp wrote:

my gawd burai your TWEWY skin is outdated~
can't find updated ver....

James wrote:

Who? Sephiroth?
Topic Starter
awp

James wrote:

Yes, he could. I say this with confidence because I'm pretty certain (that with enough effort, profanity and grief) that I could. So it'd be no problem for him.

also @burai you have the uh "leaked"-ish version lol there is currently no publicly available version of the skin it will be out in the next couple days, promise =< (MD's busy with irl at the moment and any second he'll fly into the thread with some images for me to download and append to the skin)
machol30
ugh! ... lag keeps messing me up.

And yay, my third play-through getting 300 on shotgun cock! :) My timing went off at the end though.
James
lol i thought you posted here because you beat SSI SH XD
show more