forum

Osu! Mail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aqua
Hey all,
I have an idea for an feature.

I wanted to chat someone in Osu. But he wasn't online. So i thought "why we cant write ingame PM's?"

Its just an simple idea. Osu connects to the Forums PM-Database and shows the PMS ingame
When a new PM appear it could be Like:

With clicking on the "New Mail" Symbol a little Message window Will pop up. Like Osu Direct! just with Pms instead of Songs.

If someone want to write a Message to other just simple Click on a other User and choose "Send PM"

Sry for bad Screenshots xD I just played a bit with paint

Say what you think about it :)
Jarby
I'm already in love with this feature. Maybe an infinity symbol could be used if the mail count is over 99.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Metroid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
I'd also love to have the PM's integrated with the game client.
Topic Starter
Aqua
nice to hear that you like the idea =)
Gens
An64fan
I like this idea. But it looks ugly right in the middle there. :( Maybe have a little icon show up near the chat options if you have new messages, and clicking it brings up whatever new messages you have?
RemmyX25
+1 support.

Not much else to add
awp
Aye, handy feature.
CheeseWarlock
I like this idea, and I like making it a subscriber feature even more.
Gemi

Gens wrote:

Yess

But osu!Direct, maybe?
Definitely an idea that peppy might be interested in. :)
gaph2000
<3

Put it next to the chat and make it have a pulsating glow when you have mail, like when you get messages on your Wii. It's too bad I never get PMs...

Inb4pityPM.
Olinad
I like this feature, but wouldn't like having it for subscribers only .-.
peppy
This actually sounds like a perfect incentive for subscription actually :P.

James
ThePassingShadow
Yes, James. You did.

At any rate... I think making forum-integrated posts a subscriber feature is fine, but making a mail or PM system in osu! a subscriber feature is not a good idea because sending messages between users would be limited to subscribers and therefore would be very limited and not useful.
gaph2000

ThePassingShadow wrote:

Yes, James. You did.

At any rate... I think making forum-integrated posts a subscriber feature is fine, but making a mail or PM system in osu! a subscriber feature is not a good idea because sending messages between users would be limited to subscribers and therefore would be very limited and not useful.
I think peppy means that sending and viewing PMs IN GAME would be a subscriber feature, and sending them on the site would still be free.
Echo
And by PMs we mean forum PMs, of course, not irc pms
ThePassingShadow
Whatever happens, I'm excited about this feature.
show more