forum

Hatsune Miku - Vegetable Juice Dance (Po Pi Po)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on maandag 1 juni 2009 at 22:50:42

Artist: Hatsune Miku
Title: Vegetable Juice Dance (Po Pi Po)
BPM: 150
Filesize: 11065kb
Play Time: 01:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3,21 stars, 118 notes)
  2. Hard (4,8 stars, 261 notes)
  3. Normal (4,01 stars, 156 notes)
  4. Roley's Insane (4,79 stars, 354 notes)
Download: Hatsune Miku - Vegetable Juice Dance (Po Pi Po)
Download: Hatsune Miku - Vegetable Juice Dance (Po Pi Po) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
While I was busy doing another map, I came across this incredibly annoying song on Youtube ^_^
I thought it was pretty easy to mod, although I don't really have a clue whether it's good.
I kinda like it :P

I used nice a wallpaper from ~EZB (DeviantArt) as background.

Update 1: Added background image.
Update 2: Updated a few small placing issues.
Update 3: Added easy difficulty. I admit it is not great, but for some reason, I found it pretty hard to make.
Update 4: Changed the things Larto mentioned.Thank man. Also added a single circle in every difficulty.
Update 5: Changed the things eee mentioned. Took me about 2 minutes :P .
Update 6: Changed the spinner starting time, as Rono suggested. Also added a great wallpaper by ~EZT (DeviantArt) as background.
Update 7: Fixed background that seemed to be broken.
Update 8: Changed one beat sound and changed circle colors.
Update 9: Changed lead in time, made a couple of small moves and changed the end of easy. Thanks Shinxyn and blissfullyoshi.
Update 10: Changes done as proposed by Kyocciola. Thanks :)
Update 11: Redid quite a lot of spacing as Metroid's comments made me realize how sucky it was.
Update 12: Fixed the things blissfulyoshi mentioned.
Update 13: Fixed Starrodkirby86's comments. Not too sure about the Kiai timing. Possibly subject to change.
Update 14: Removed Kiai. Thanks for checking Jeffro.
Update 15: Some minor moves
Update 16: Added Roley's difficulty with a couple of changes from my side
Update 17: Finally found some time. Made some chanes to Roley's difficulty. Removed some unclear parts. Thanks for reviving Takuma ^_^
Sushi
This map is mapped too by shikaku : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5545

See with him for details
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto
Hey, this is a pretty well made map so far!
Some minor spacing issues, though.

Hard:
00:07:84 (2,3) - It bothers me that those two notes are so close to each other compared to the rest of the combo when they actually shouldn't be. Maybe make the slider ends go straight up/down?
00:09:44 (2,3) - ^
00:11:04 (2,3) - ^
00:12:64 (2,3) - ^
00:14:04 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Compared to the rest of the map so far, these notes are really really close to each other.
00:58:04 (1,2,3,4) - ^
01:16:44 (7) - New Combo
01:18:04 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I don't like how this combo gets overlapped be the last one.
01:18:24 (2,3) - It bothers me that those two notes are so close to each other compared to the rest of the combo when they actually shouldn't be. Maybe make the slider ends go straight up/down?
01:19:84 (2,3) - ^
01:22:84 (7) - New Combo
01:29:24 (7) - ^

Normal:
00:14:84 (2,3,1) - 2 and 3 and 3 and 1 have perfectly equal spacing when they shouldn't have :(
00:16:44 (2,3,1) - ^
00:18:04 (2,3,1) - ^

Pretty good work :)
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Thanks Larto!
I've changed the things you said and added one circle to the map (each difficulty). Let's see if it's a noticable difference.
I'll update tomorrow, or whenever the updating is fixed.
eee
[Normal]
00:09:24 (1) - not perfectly stacked, it may help to turn off grid/distance snap and then move under rebound of (2)
00:10:84 (1) - same here ^
00:12:44 (1) - ^and here
00:14:04 (1) - ^. . . . . .

[Hard]
00:20:64 (1) - is she saying eee!!!?
00:41:04 (1) - maybe remove new combo here, hard maps tend to have long combos, short combos make it easy giving more HP

yeah, awesome, not much to find in hard, or normal, just normal had design issues, pretty sure they have to be stacked
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Thanks for modding eee.

yes ineed, I think you're even famous in Japan.
I think every Japanese female singer bot must know your name :)

And about the normal: it was done like this because this is how I planned it.
I still changed it and while playing, I had no problem with it.
That's why I just kept it the way you described.

BTW it is not necessary to turn off distance snapping to stack beats ;)

And also: should I make another difficulty?
I was not planning to, since easy is as easy as it gets and hard is probably as hard as I can make it without getting ridiculous.

I can't think of anything to add, except for a better background.
Which is what I will do next.
Rono_old
Oh well, you stole my idea, but I wanted to do the AGK version *star*

[Normal]
00:20:640: Move the starting point to the left blue tick

[Hard]
00:20:640: Same as in normal

I think that's all, it's a nice song :P

EpicEraser wrote:

And also: should I make another difficulty?
I was not planning to, since easy is as easy as it gets and hard is probably as hard as I can make it without getting ridiculous
I don't think you should, it is perfect as for now, so I don't think an insane would be so helpful.
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
z-ro
Very cool map, maybe needs ah few tweaks here and there with spacing, but other than that very good.
Rono_old

EpicEraser wrote:

Oh I forgot to say thanks to you Rono.
I did as you suggested. You were totally right.

I also submitted this map as pending.
Don't worry, that's why we are here for ;)

Yeah, I think it doesn't need to still be on WIP, it's already complete.

PD: Hey, did you full uploaded when you changed background? I don't see it :S
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
I did.
That's strange.
I'll try to fix tonight.
Rono_old
Ok, so I have a suggestion, no need to kudosu or to take it. It's just a suggestion.

[Easy]
01:14:840-01:30:440: As this difficulty is easy, I think beats 3,4,5,6 may confuse the novice gamers, so I suggest you could erase beats 4,6 for making this part easier.

As I said on the start of post, it's just a suggestion, it's up to you if you take it or not.
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Thx Rono, good suggestion.
I didn't do it though.

I made the whole part pretty easy by inserting breaks, giving the player enough time to prepare for the next one.
And although it will probably go wrong the first time, the spacing is pretty easy and it's just a matter of clicking on the beat.
I doubt this pace would pose a problem for newbies. The only hard thing might be the slider at the end of the combos, but this, again, is a matter of playing the map twice and knowing how it works.

Oh and I did a full update again, just to make sure the background is working.
v0xtrot
Really nice, solid maps! :D Star awarded, really nothing else to say.
roleykatsu
I LOVEZ IT :) . I think that's enough said. I think that the map is perfect, so I am not sure modding is still required...well maybe someone else will find a mistake, but I think all is good.

Star given. Enjoyz :3
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Well actually you forgot to star :P

Anyway thanks :)
I seem to have some problems getting people to try this map.

EDIT:
Okay, since people here do not seem to appreciate double posts, I'll just mention that I changed circle colors (and one sound, bet you won't even notice which one. I wouldn't :P ).
Just check if you think they're better than before. If not, I'll just change them back.
Shinxyn
Hmm, quite cute~

RAWR, I can't point out anything wrong :)
Good job
Only suggestion would be increase the lead in time.

Star!
blissfulyoshi
Easy:
01:37:440 start the spinner at 01:37:240, get rid of 3, and end the spinner at 01:38:440

Normal:
00:58:840 (1) move 1 notch to the right on 3rd lvl grid

Hard:
00:10:440 (6) I am not sure is allowed to be slightly offscreen
00:14:040 (1-6) Why does this set have different spacing than the other sets?
01:00:040 (x) add a beat here
01:03:240 (x) add a beat here
01:08:440 (1) move 1 notch to the right on 3rd lvl grid
01:22:840 (1-10) Why does this set have different spacing than the other sets?

Nice map. Here's a star.
Rono_old

EpicEraser wrote:

Well actually you forgot to star :P

Anyway thanks :)
I seem to have some problems getting people to try this map.

EDIT:
Okay, since people here do not seem to appreciate double posts, I'll just mention that I changed circle colors (and one sound, bet you won't even notice which one. I wouldn't :P ).
Just check if you think they're better than before. If not, I'll just change them back.
I think I did, it's like a bubbling sound, I think so.

Well, about the new colors, I like the blue ones, but I think that green could be another option.
show more