forum

Sonic the Hedgehog Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zomba13
Hey everyone. This is my first attempt at skinning (to go along with my first attempt at beat mapping) and seeing as Im beatmapping crush 40's version of Seven rings in hand (I did plan on doing Knight of the Wind but Osu! didn't like my mp3 file. Found a way around that after I already started Seven rings though >.<) I've decided to do a Sonic skin along with it.

Mosty done now. Got a few buttons to do and the sounds aren't fully done. Good enough to put up for download though :D
Opinions and constructive criticism please :D

Need to do:
Ranking letters (and rest of ranking screen)
Buttons (random beat map, beat map options etc)
Some mod buttons
Some sounds
Countdown (321 pics, the rest is done)

Download link: http://up.ppy.sh/files/sonic.rar

EDIT: Put them up with the attachment thing as I now know how to use it and know some people dislike imageshack.
EDIT2: New pics :o! more things done :o! Not abandoned :o!

cyanberryio
And maybe you should ask before if you are going to use the EBA spinner, someone else didn't steeal that, they made it themselves, I think.

I think a ring would work better as the hit circle, IMHO.
Topic Starter
Zomba13

Alex0686 wrote:

And maybe you should ask before if you are going to use the EBA spinner, someone else didn't steeal that, they made it themselves, I think.

I think a ring would work better as the hit circle, IMHO.
I know that. I don't plan on using the EBA one, just put it there to show what sonic looked like on that kind of background (red/blue pattern kinda thing)

Thinking about it a ring would make a good hit circle. I'll post more pics when enough stuff is done.

EDIT: Also do you think I should make the edge of the spinner a bit thicker? Today it seems to look a bit thinner than I wanted. I might make it just a bit thicker and the star a bit smaller. Only a little bit though.
Topic Starter
Zomba13
At the moment I've used the world rings (from sonic and the secret rings) as the hit circles purely because they look alright as whatever colour people use for their beat maps and it would fit well with my own beat map. I could change it to normal rings but I quite like how it looks now.

Olinad
the spinner should be sonic running in the circle... sooo cool!
kideddie1501
YEA, I CAN SEE HOW THIS WOULD WORK OUT. I'D LUV TO SEE MY FAVORITE SUPERHERO AS A SKIN. AND SONIC IS JUST PLAIN COOL ANYWAY.
Srank300
I see two possibilities for the spinner:
1. The idea you have with Sonic running around the loop
2. a Sonic spin dash sprite

As for the background, try finding a pic with Sonic and all his friends/enemies and stuff like that.

The hitcircles could be plain old rings instead of the secret rings. That or Chaos emeralds.

Sectionpass: Sonic
Sectionfail: Eggman
sliderball: sonic

The life meter could be a challenge, but I'm sure you'll think of something.
Level-Up!

Zomba13 wrote:

Had an idea: could change the spinner to a sprite of sonic running so when it spins it looks like he's running round the loop.

Olinad wrote:

the spinner should be sonic running in the circle... sooo cool!
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

THIEVES!
:P
Topic Starter
Zomba13
bump
mostly done now. Just a bit more needed to be done. Good enough for an upload though. next version would have everything (hopefully)
Shiro127
i cant download it... can anyone explain how i can download the skin? i clicked on the link but it didnt work... is it because im using windows :cry: