forum

In-game scoreboard: Display the champ! [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
jerieljan
Aside from the usual 5 slots showing you and the top 40, add in one more slot displaying the champ/1st place all the time, separated with a small gap.

Why? Champion gets more bragging rights, the player gets to know his aim for reaching top 1 (even though it's shown in the Song select screen anyway, call it an extra?), stuff like that. Mostly on the bragging / popularity stuff.
0_o
Sounds like a good idea to me.

The scoreboard's kinda weird that way, I'm usually happier if I have a rank of 36-40 than higher ranks, because no one really sees it otherwise :P
Echo
I like this idea.
Gemi
Have been meaning to ask for this at some point.
An64fan
I like this idea. I mean, the site already has something like this; the #1 players get a nice big box above the top 40 scores list. I wouldn't mind having something like it in-game as well.
ThePassingShadow
If done, I think it should be separate, like.. More towards the top left.

That being said, I really don't like this idea at all.
vytalibus
It's a simple suggestion, and I like it. It's just a simple space-out to give recognition to the map's #1.
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi

vytalibus wrote:

It's a simple suggestion, and I like it. It's just a simple space-out to give recognition to the map's #1.
I wasn't thinking about this as a "giving recognition" thing, but as a "how well do I need to do to reach #1".
Gens
it's simple, I like it.

/me goes to catch some #1s
Pasonia
-
Ivalset
The site scoreboard is pretty minimalist compared to the #1, which I think is all good and dandy, but I don't think that kind of exaggeration needs to be replicated ingame. At most, I'd be fine with the #1 player's box being outlined in black or something, but nothing to alter the size of the box.

Edit: Actually, panasonic is throwing me off. Are we talking about what he's going on about or are we talking about while playing a map?

I still disagree if it's the latter, since if you're not even close to #1 you shouldn't be worrying about it, and I usually check scoreboards beforehand anyway. Bragging rights is the only legitimate reason I can see for implementing this, and it's not like Cyclone's ego is large enough already.
Gemi
Err, we were talking about the in-game scoreboard, ie. the one that is shown while you play the map. See the topic name. :D
LuigiHann
The song select menu is also within the game, so that ambiguity did exist :p
Topic Starter
jerieljan
The scoreboard while playing is what I'm talking about.
Oh and no extra emphasis as much as possible as it's just too distracting.

Simply, just put Mr. #1 in there the whole time. Think sticky.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FurukawaPan
you know, I always was slightly amused by how, the players who get the most screen time in osu! are the people who's scores are #37 thru #40 :D

As for the menu-screen scoreboard, I also thought it would be cool to show the avatar of the #1 player (if available) next to the name.