forum

Babamania - Doobee Doowop Communication

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December 15, 2007 at 3:01:01 PM

Artist: Babamania
Title: Doobee Doowop Communication
BPM: 102.2
Filesize: 25554kb
Play Time: 1439:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Osu! Otaku! (4.59 stars, 232 notes)
  2. Osu! Newbie! (4.6 stars, 233 notes)
Download: Babamania - Doobee Doowop Communication
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
---------------

Alrighties, here it is. Doobee Doowop Communication, sung in four different languages. I used both the normal and soft sounds, so check it out ASAP.

When I first put the video in, the timing mysteriously went off. Which was awful because I had it *perfect* before. It took me a couple hours to fix it, so that sorta sucked. >_>

Be warned- The middle section of this song is INTENDED to kill you. It may take a few tries before you can get past it.

Uploaded Osu! Newbie with fixed timing. Is this better?
Gunzil
Nice job, the timing felt great and the middle section was a nice challenge for someone with a tablet. :D
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Thank you. ^o^

I like this song very much, so it's nice to get comments on it.
Impossible_old
Is it meant to be ridiculously confusing? Sometimes I can't even see what I'm meant to be hitting, they're on top of each other and all over the place. I had to check in edit mode to find out that those diagonal combos had the second last note underneath the fourth last one. The beat spacing is completely random - maybe YOU can hit all the notes in time and get lots of 300s, but I doubt many other people can, particularly when notes are spaced inconsistently. The timing also sounds off, but someone else will need to correct that.

I like a lot of it, though, so not too much needs to be changed, except to make it more logically playable. Is this the first Rockman EXE beatmap? It's about time, too. I might have to do another one, maybe from the period before they started ****ing all over the source material, along with the show itself (WTF at the end of the Gospel arc). Or at least Axess...
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
I used the space placement for alot of notes, but I wanted to make a pattern for most, so I set them in varied places to make it look nice, but still keeping them at roughly the correct spacing.

And yes, it IS meant to be confusing. I did that on purpose, it's my whole intent of the song.

Also, I watched Gunzil play it, and he did a very good job at getting 300s.

NOTE:
Also, look at the difficulty. "Osu! Otaku"
Remember songs like Brandy - Lover Fighter? The beat spacing in some parts is incorrect, but once you learn the beat, it works perfectly. That's what this beatmap is about, it's for learning how to play it, and having fun with that process.

I like a lot of it, though, so not too much needs to be changed, except to make it more logically playable. Is this the first Rockman EXE beatmap? It's about time, too. I might have to do another one, maybe from the period before they started ****ing all over the source material, along with the show itself (WTF at the end of the Gospel arc). Or at least Axess...
I love Rockman EXE, the subs are great. Although Axess was a little crappy. Beast and the original seasons are my favorites. :D
Also, I'm a Rockman fan from the core. I'm all over the Rockman sites. You can find me on Rockman Perfect Memorie's forum. :D

I'll make a more... Playable version for people who are new to Osu!, epext it next week.
Thanks for the tips. ^_^

EDIT:
As for timing, try deleting the video. If I use the HQ video, the game lags and all the beats sound WAY off. If you use no-video or delete the file, it sounds way better.

eyup
Nice map - that middle bit is extremely tricky and will take some serious learning to perfect. Reminds me a bit of Scatman though - good times :D

The one thing I don't like is the end spinner - I've only ever 300'ed it once, and that was in test mode and I began spinning waaay early, missing the previous two beats, just to see if it was even possible to 300. I'd make this a bit longer if I were you.

Otherwise great work ;)
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Alrighty, I'll lengthen the spinner a bit. ^_^
Thanks for the comment.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Double Posting because I finished making a less-confusing beatmap for people not wanting to play through multiple times.
I moved the beats around, and fixed the overlap problem near the start of the middle section of the song, where it wouldn't show what's under the beats.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Also, is there a timing problem, still? I think it's spot-on, but...

EDIT:
Attached the old .osu as well, with a lengthened spinner.

If people like these, then I'll re-upload the .osz

Download: Babamania - Doobee Doowop Communication (GuardianHX) [Osu! Newbie!].osu

Download: Babamania - Doobee Doowop Communication (GuardianHX) [Osu! Otaku!].osu
MaxwellDemon
Absolutely love the way the beats are placed and the spacing for it. :D

My only suggestion is to put the offset into 5580 instead where the actual drum beat starts. :)

Other than that though... *star*
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Put it at 5580, huh? But that puts it at the circular pattern of beats, and not where the drum roll type thing starts. *Is having trouble with words*

Should I get rid of the first diagonal line of beats near the beginning entirely? (In both spots where they appear.)
chan
Pretty good beatmap. Some of the beat spacing is pretty inconsistent, for example, combos like at 00:08:21. Still think you need a much easier version, maybe refraining from using 1/4 beats?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.