forum

Web: Give me back my 9 million! >=[ [Denied] [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
I just FCed an old, long map with sketchy spacing and a bad BPM, only for osu! to report that "I had previously set a higher online record." Which is totally false. It didn't record my new score and I didn't receive any ranked points.

I didn't think to screenshot the score screen, but it was just the usual "higher record" screen, only the score/stats reported were clearly better.

peppy
That generally means your net failed. Sorry, nothing I can do since it's not my fault.
Topic Starter
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi
The same thing happened to me with Disco Prince, but you don't see me whining about it. In fact, I got right the fuck back in there and got into the top 40. Just do it again.
Topic Starter
mm201

Zatoichi wrote:

The same thing happened to me with Disco Prince, but you don't see me whining about it. In fact, I got right the fuck back in there and got into the top 40. Just do it again.
#15 ;)

Still the wrong error message (should say "can't connect to server"), and fixable by means of more persistence on the part of the osu! client.
FurukawaPan
Unfortunately, the internet is a *best effort delivery* network. What that means, simply, is that packets get dropped. More unfortunately, there is no way (at least that I know of) for the server to verify your score.

Your best bet, is to replay the level. I know this is a long one :? , but if you did it before, you can do it again.

Good luck.

I can confirm a bug in osu! when a score fails to submit (for the above mentioned reason), rather than saying "failed to submit", it erroneously claims you previously attained a higher score. I think this bug is worth looking into.
peppy
Increased retry count to 5. Spaced them out a bit and ake it slightly more intelligent.