forum

Nintendo @ GDC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K2J
Joystiq's Coverage

Highlights:
  1. New cel-shaded Zelda game "Spirit Tracks" for the DS. Features trains. Yes, trains. OK...
  2. Wii System Menu 4.0, includes SD Card menu for running stuff off of the card by temporarily copying it over to the Wii flash memory. Available now. Video here.
  3. Rock and Roll Climber revealed (new Wii game)
  4. Final Fantasy: a sequel to My Life as a King, a port of the cellphone game Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, and Virtual Console versions of old FF games.
  5. Virtual Console Arcade: No, not as robust as Xbox Live Arcade, it's simply arcade titles available on the VC. Gaplus, Mappy, The Tower Of Druaga, and Starforce all available now.
I gotta go do RL stuff now, but this is serious business, guys. Zelda on a train? Heck, I'd buy it just because it's so weird.
lukewarmholiday
I'm waiting for humorous images of link on trains
Loginer
What the hell, Nintendo? GDC is not a place for announcements like these. <_<
LuigiHann
I don't think that's too weird a theme. Two different Zeldas have had an island/boat theme, and given that we've also had games revolving around time travel and possessed masks, I'd say trains are rather mundane if anything. Also, the mine-cart type puzzles and sections in the GB Zelda games have always been fun.
Neo@lex
Topic Starter
K2J
Sometimes the best improvements go unnoticed. The option "Move" has finally been added to the Wii's memory management.
Tapdancingmetroid
my drawing's better.
lukewarmholiday

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

my drawing's better.
Well He's got you there. I wish I had a tablet so bad, I can't draw cartoony shit without one.
Starrodkirby86
All aboard the loltrain!

Seriously, I didn't realize...wow, it's about trains? D= I know my friend said there was a new Zelda game coming and all, but...trains? Gee whiz...

Wii 4.0 I'm really curious about. I wonder if it's going to be awesome. :3

By the way, your drawing is epic Tapdancingmetroid. <3

And neo, yours is a classic of classics.
Topic Starter
K2J

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Wii 4.0 I'm really curious about. I wonder if it's going to be awesome. :3
It's available right now and it's not all that different. Just frees up a bit more room, that's all.

Just to be clear - it's a system update, not a whole new hardware.
Neo@lex

Over 9000 hours in GIMP.
Topic Starter
K2J
I love you.
Loginer
*insert on-rails joke here*
megalan