forum

Crush 40 - WHAT I'M MADE OF...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SeraphdeNex
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 at 3:38:09 AM

Artist: Crush 40
Title: WHAT I'M MADE OF...
Source: Sonic Heroes
Tags: sonic heroes super metal overlord crush 40
BPM: 87
Filesize: 5206kb
Play Time: 03:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.69 stars, 102 notes)
Download: Crush 40 - WHAT I'M MADE OF...
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap, so yay! I'm sorry if its a little off with timeing and such, but its a work in progress. If you can give any tips, other than slowing down the bpm, then let me know. Im working on BPM reduction now.

8/09/2009
Updated some easy, but still working on it.
K2J
If the slider speed is still that fast after the BPM change, slow it down as well.

The main problem with this map so far is that it's so sparse. There are very long periods of time without any notes. Even easy difficulties need to keep the player occupied, no matter how simple the beats are. A slower slider speed should help.

You also need to make sure you're creating new combos at points in the music that make sense (pairs of lyrics, etc.) The combo number should not go into double digits on an Easy map, in my opinion.

And to head this off before it gets bad: use distance snap. Seriously, it makes the map millions of times better.

I really want to see this map get good, since I realize Sonic maps tend to be left in the dust a lot of the time; I'll be keeping my eye on this when you next update.
Shinkosai
For some reason I could not get the mp3 to work to start with but seems ok now. I'm with K2J slider speed is waay too fast for easy and the notes need to be a more frequent, the best rule of thumb for easy is to do notes at the start of riffs or the start of a song line or disitinctive words, the kind of pace you want for the whole song is more like the part between the 0:50 to 1:15 mark after the spinner imo.

P.S. Passing on some advice I was also told set the playback rate to be a slower % when editing notes, it makes getting note timings right much easier to do

EDIT: I did a small edit demonstrating timings from 0:50 to 1:15 I'm a semi rookie myself so don't take this as gospel, the notes distance on screen is most likely wrong and I have not corrected the slider speed, but the actual timing with the song is correct.

Download: Crush 40 - WHAT I'M MADE OF... (SeraphdeNex) [050 to 115 example].osu
Topic Starter
SeraphdeNex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
SeraphdeNex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.