forum

Hidenori Chiwata - Kasabuta (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 5 February 2008 at 4:20:01 PM

Artist: Hidenori Chiwata
Title: Kasabuta (TV Size)
BPM: 172
Filesize: 1386kb
Play Time: 01:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.17 stars, 165 notes)
  2. Normal (2.85 stars, 124 notes)
Download: Hidenori Chiwata - Kasabuta (TV Size)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'm back, and for my first beatmap of 2008 I went with something fairly short and concentrated. I packed so much into 1:30 that there's no intro or ending at all! Short and sweet isn't something I've done before, but it seemed appropriate for this song. I'm not going to bother with a video, but I do want to find a good background. (It comes from the anime Konjiki no Gash Bell, but I can only find the picture I really want with the English name "Zatch Bell" on it, which would be weird since the song isn't technically in that show.)

I've done the verse a bit weirdly to follow the lyrics, so let me know if there are problems playing it... You may want to start on Normal, since it kind of relies on prior knowledge of the song.

Edit: Added the picture, just so people can see what I'm looking for. I suppose I'll keep it if I don't find a Japanese one, although it would be surprising if it didn't exist.

Edit 2: Fixed some things according to comments, it shouldn't need anything else done except maybe for a tiny bit of tweaking if I made a mistake.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
Played through both normal and hard versions, I actually found the hard version a little easier because it follows the vocals a bit more, but anyway.

Normal is quite hard with those fast sliders I think, but I'm not a good player.

Anyway, timing is perfect, which I'm really pleased to see.

I didn't really like those sliders that bounce back and forth just to stay true to the vocals. I mean, I wouldn't not rank this because of this, but I think you could be a bit more creative at the expense of missing a few vocal notes. Think these happened at 00:25:54, 00:31:12, 00:42:80 (only in normal) and a few others in the chorus, but I think those weren't too bad.

(normal)
01:00:07 - beat spacing: (1) could be a bit further from the rest of the combo (as mentioned by Rolled)

(hard) - beat spacing
00:44:72 - the combo (1) (2) (3) is 1.5 beats are spaced as if they were just 1 beat in length, which is a bit confusing as the combo immediately following has 1 beat length notes of the same spacing
00:47:51 - same as above, but notes (4) (5) (6) are 1.5 beats length and same distance as previous notes
00:48:91 - larger jump between last combo (6) to (1). There is only a whole beat between those notes but the distance is larger than the 1.5 beat notes and even the whole beat notes. Try to keep consistent (use distance snapping even).

Otherwise this is a pretty polished beatmap. Just a bit of minor tweaking needed I think.
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
I tend to not change slider speed in my maps anywhere near as much as I'd actually like to. I don't know what speed I'll need initially, and I can't until I've already mapped a bit - by which point, changing the slider speed would mess things up. Considering the song's tempo, they probably are too fast, but changing that would be a nightmare.

It would also appear that I have a problem with beat spacing diagonally. Further distances diagonally tend to look closer than they are, or maybe they just seem further than they are to me. I mean, what I see as a full beat spacing diagonally is actually the equivalent of one space less apart than it would be horizontally (I'm mapping on grid level 2). I probably don't notice because I don't actually put beats at that distance apart, because half beats touch each other. I do actually think the diagonal distance is somewhere in between, and at times it looks fine. Especially with a speed of the song, notes just feel like they would be too far away. Just look at the spacing in the intro, although I'm going to leave that how it is since it's consistent across that part. Anyway, it should be fixed now.

I also changed the combo at around 30 seconds because that seemed the least creative part that I could actually see something to do with (not really for 25 seconds), but I think I may have made it a bit TOO hard to pull off in Hard. Not sure I can tell right now because my mouse means I play like crap whether it's hard or not. And then I added beats at 44 seconds to parallel what I did there. >_<
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
I approve.
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
Thanks, that was a quick ranking. I was just searching for this in Completed Maps. >_>

Now if only I hadn't just screwed myself over by making Hard harder than I actually wanted it to be, while I'm playing with a mouse that makes me play worse... I'm going to fail my own song. Repeatedly.