forum

Multiplayer - tournaments

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kishibe_old
Hi, how do you like the idea of tournaments for multiplayer? I mean a series of beatmaps, chosen either by the host or, if that's not too code-intensive, by the players (each player might choose one). The leaderboard could be sorted in different ways: by total or mean score, accuracy, or by giving points in each of the beatmaps (eg, 5 players - 5 point to the winner, 4 to the runner-up). It might be interesting if it could be possible to choose a different gamestyle for each beatmap (the first one osu!-style, the second taiko...), and ideally it could be coded to allow team-based tournaments.

What do you think?
peppy
Topic Starter
Kishibe_old
21 players is HUGE, I meant a system to allow users to do 2-4 players tournament, a la Formula One style: after each stage/beatmap, points are given to the top players, and a leaderscore is established
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Kishibe_old
I havent't played Mario Kart Wii, but if it's similar to the other ones, yes, something like that...
Actually a scorechart is maybe a simpler option, and would do everything I wanted; it might not be necessary to record everything from each match, to make it simpler (and less data heavy) it might be only kept the number of beatmaps played, the number of winnings, and simple statistical data, as mean accuracy and total score.
KeePsTaY
And what about automated tournaments? If every day at some time the tournament starts, which could be inscribed on each, and at the end was declared the winner and given any kind of medal at the profile page.

Also, about the team tournaments: it would be nice if it would be developed system of teams (they would have their own characters in a kind of icon, and TAG), was a command rank and staircase. Teams could include several players who could play team games against other teams, and get ranked in team ladder.
Gemi