forum

Swing rhythm [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
chan
I can't think of any songs that would find this feature applicable, but I'm sure the occassion could arise! From memory, fruityloops had some sort of swing feature (where there was a continuum between swing and no swing), syncopating beats. Perhaps this isn't much of an urgent feature, I just thought it could be handy.

Now I'm determined to find a song with a swinging beat and make a beatmap for it. Maybe then I'll pester you for this feature :P
eyup
You can syncopate by setting the Snap Divisor (Timing->Snap Divisor) to say 1/4 beats. Like you say, there aren't enough songs out there with this kind of song to really merit a special feature.

In EBA, the Jamiroquai song had syncopation, but that's definitely NOT a swing song :D
Topic Starter
chan
Virtual Insanity? Coz I was thinking of beatmapping that song...
I guess I could just use smaller snap divisors and non-snapped notes in the meantime :P
[deleted user]
I'm pretty sure swing rhythm can easily be done by using the 1/3 Timing Snap Divisor. If you mean songs where instead of a beat like "DO do DO do DO do DO do etc" it's "DO doDO doDO doDO do etc"

..man I hope you understand that
Topic Starter
chan

MCXD wrote:

If you mean songs where instead of a beat like "DO do DO do DO do DO do etc" it's "DO doDO doDO doDO do etc"
LOL, I think I get what you said, but your example doesn't really help. It is funny though!
peppy
I'll mark this one as resolved - I personally don't see the need for a specifically designed swing rhythm (especially with the addition of 1/6 or 6/8 time signature ;))