forum

italy big issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
b2cool
What are some big issues going on in italy???

this is for school
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
and they have silly accents
Jarby
Topic Starter
b2cool

neo@lex wrote:

Italy's economy isn't doing too well at the moment in general, but the issue that's really causing controversy is the ban on computers. The catholic-orientated government thinks it corrupts the user's soul and stops them from having sexual relations which goes against the "continuation of the species" precept.

OMG 4 real?
Henkie

neo@lex wrote:

Italy's economy isn't doing too well at the moment in general
Whole Europe's economy isn't doing well actually, we have some.."economy crisis" or whatever i should call it, soo that includes Italy yes. Although.. I don't know wich country "suffered" the most, but I'm sure It's not Italy.
Cuddlebun
Well Italy was never really an economic powerhouse to begin with so...they're not in a crisis, per se, but they aren't exactly booming.

Also their population is decreasing due to declining birth rate and they are greasy greasy Italians
HateMeh

HenkieBP wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

Italy's economy isn't doing too well at the moment in general
Whole Europe's economy isn't doing well actually, we have some.."economy crisis" or whatever i should call it, soo that includes Italy yes. Although.. I don't know wich country "suffered" the most, but I'm sure It's not Italy.
actually the economy of the whole world but yea
Olinad
hem... asking italians would have produced more accurate answers I guess XD

Anyway... yes, we're having economic problems, more than we had in the past, but we've never been economically right with our government... At the moment there isn't any ban on the net (so the things neo@lex said aren't correct... well, most of them) but in the past a couple of politicians have tried to add some sort of control over the net and the blogs (but italians hava protested a lot and so nothing happened).

**OT:

neo@lex wrote:

[about the net]The catholic-orientated government thinks it corrupts the user's soul and stops them from having sexual relations which goes against the "continuation of the species" precept.
Well, this isn't correct... Nobody stops us from having sexual relationships... that's a strictly catholic thought, but I can say that only my religion teacher follows it... and anyway, even if the church is really into our politics (and it shouldn't as the state should be outside it), it's not THAT influent.
Talking about the Church, and NOT about Italy, lately the Pope said that the internet is a gift made from God to the world... and that the condom doesn't help against the diffusion of the AIDS, as the best prevention is not having sexual relations... well, up to a certain extent you may be right, but this isn't that followed in Italy XD

/OT**

A huge problem has been provoked by a strong earthquake that has destroyed most of the cities and towns around L'Aquila, in Abruzzo (mid-southern Italy). This happened on last monday, 6/4/09, but a lot of weaker earthquakes had been felt since last christmas (or even before - they say the distructive one was like the 600th in a period of 5 months or so). around 300 deaths have been registered, some people are still missing, a lot of wounded are in the hospital right now (but the hospital has been half-destroyed by the earthquake, so it's a great mess) and the other people that are safe don't have an house anymore and live in tents or hotels.
This event is provoking a lot of discussions all around italy, for a lot of motivations
1) if there were being that much earthquakes, why weren't the inhabitants moved to another zone? and why the television didn't talk about it since last monday??
2) how could an entire city be destroyed by an earthquake, even if it was strong? some houses haven't broken yet, so it may have been caused by bad construction methods or materials
3) some people say that deaths aren't 300 but at least 1000 - this because a lot of immigrants probably died, and their presence wasn't registered anywhere
4) our president refused aids coming from USA - this is mainly for political reasons, but a lot of people think that every aid should be welcomed and not refused - and I think they aren't wrong, there's an entire zone to be rebuilt from scratch...

Well, yes, this is an hard period for italy... There have also been a lot of protests about the new reform of the school: it tends to transform schools into corporations, just like in the USA, but it Italy there's no possibilities for the schools to be sponsorized by the industries... and this makes private schools become stronger, mostly thanks to funds received by the state itself (O.O)

A great mess, I know... if you need explanations I'm here, I'm not sure to have written something that can be undestood by people of other countries... mostly as english ain't my first language...
Olinad
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex
To clarify about my previous comment, I was trolling. On Trollsmas.
Olinad

neo@lex wrote:

To clarify about my previous comment, I was trolling. On Trollsmas.
Yep it was kinda obvious :P