forum

Gorillaz + Quad City DJ(96, 03, 08) - A Train Runs Through H

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
Quick TiredRemmy analysis for you.

Not bad for a first attempt, I'm not gonna lie. You passed the nuke test, thats for sure. Few pointers/suggestions for you though:

Start your map at your offset point, 00:09:156, trust me, it'll make it so much better (even just one hit circle will make all the difference)

In terms of timing, you're spot on. I don't think I saw any mis-snapped beats, and the offset seems good.

In terms of design, however, its a bit lacking. Don't get discouraged though, you've already made good progress so far. Watch some of the other ranked maps and see how they make things interesting and fun. Throw some more sliders in and a spinner instead of so many hit circles. Also, don't be afraid to shape some of the sliders... even a simple curve will do. (Slider art, however, is looked down upon, so keep that in mind)

When it comes to color combos, you seem to make yours a bit too long. For an [Easy] (based on what you've placed already). 4 or 5 will work, but base your combo lengths based on the music. Most people go phrase by phrase, especially for an easy map. Don't, however, make your combos strict like that, but spice it up. Again, learn what the other maps do. Example is the best teacher, in my opinion. Here's one example:

00:55:01 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - Change (7) into a new combo, and see how that works, then break up your other longer combos like that.

You already know this, but your distance snapping could use some work. Also, I noticed about half way that the difficulty level picked up a bit. Don't destroy it all; make a mental note about it for another difficulty. Try to stick to the style of the rest of the map.

Hitsounds, hitsounds, hitsounds. I wish I had better advice for the hitsounds, since I'm not very good at placing them either, but they make the song sound more interesting. This takes more of a creative feel, since there really isnt a guideline for them besides "Don't overuse hitsounds."

I'd also recommend another break somewhere in the beginning... not sure where though. I'm thinking where this slider is (01:19:28 (1) ) to maybe 01:26:340. However, this is entirely up to you, so don't think that you ABSOLUTELY MUST put a break there unless you really want to. :)

Hope these tips help you out. I really like the mix, i'm not gonna lie. (But if you could blend the two channels, that'd be awesome ;) ) Best of luck to you!