forum

Crashing Problem [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KGWrave
First of all, I apologize if this error has been addressed. I did some searching but couldn't find it.

When I'm playing online with friends, I have no problems at all until I get into a song. It seems that random files, at a random part of the song, decide to freeze, causing me to have to close the window with the classic "End Now" window. This does not happen ALL the time..only some of the time, but it's pretty frequent.

No one else i know seems to have this problem. Let it be known that I have a MacBookPro that is dual-booting with WindowsXP. I really don't think that is the issue though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

EDIT: Here is a really lame example of it. It just shows you how it randomly crashes :(
An64fan
Computer specs and game settings will probably help in finding the problem.
Topic Starter
KGWrave
Oh yeah. That would help, wouldn't it.

anonymous_old
Run a memtest on your RAM to make sure your RAM's okay. Maybe you can do the same for your hard drive, but I doubt that's the issue (as the issue isn't reproducible with the same song/data on disk). Have you had crashes with other programs similarly?

Maybe your video card is acting up. Not sure how you'd test, but try swapping it out.
Echo
Try updating your video and audio card drivers
Topic Starter
KGWrave
I have completely reformatted my computer out of frustration, found a way to update to SP3, have made sure that everything is updated.....and it still freezes and crashes.

...any other ideas?

Echo
Does "everything" include video card drivers from the manufacturer's website?
anonymous_old

KGWrave wrote:

I have completely reformatted my computer out of frustration, found a way to update to SP3, have made sure that everything is updated.....and it still freezes and crashes.

...any other ideas?
As I suggested before, run a memory test. I highly suggest memtest86+. There are several options available, but I suggest downloading the pre-built ISO and burning the ISO to a CD using ImgBurn (Windows). (Google around if you think I'm handing you a virus. =])
Topic Starter
KGWrave

Echo wrote:

Does "everything" include video card drivers from the manufacturer's website?
Yes, I have done so.

I'll try and run a memtest.
Topic Starter
KGWrave
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Have you tried using directx instead?
Topic Starter
KGWrave

peppy wrote:

Have you tried using directx instead?
Funny that you mention that. I think I've solved the problem.

Initially I had DirectX as the setting of choice. This, however, caused a lot of lag and just made the game unplayable. So, naturally I switched to the other and I had no more lag. Lately, just out of desperation I went back to DirectX, and it worked flawlessly. No lag, no crashing.

The next day I tried to play again, and it was laggy again. So, I turned off Rainmeter and Winamp...and that got rid of the lag.

Is osu! really that demanding on RAM? I've never really had an issue with the above being open while I'm playing these types of games.

Oh well. I'm not complaining. It's working now. I just have to sacrifice a few things. Thank you all for your help.
peppy

peppy wrote:

Is osu! really that demanding on RAM? I've never really had an issue with the above being open while I'm playing these types of games.
Not really.

Marking as resolved anway.