forum

[Editor] Quick setup [Denied] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Olinad
When I create a beatmap I usually start setting up the basis of the song, just clicking as I would do playing the beatmap I am to make. So, it would be cool if there was an option that allowed me to create a beatmap just as if I was playing it: click somewhere = button, click and move = slider, press and hold a specific button = spinner. This way it would be a lot quicker to create the rhythm scheme of the song, that you then need to arrange and place correctly in the timeline.

I hope my explanation was clear, else I'll try to write it in another way...
anonymous_old
I do this as well to get the timings of the beats right. Feels kind of weird with the editor (especially with snap on). Something like the real game, but click placing notes, would be best.

I personally thing sliders and spinners should be added manually, except with easier game modes.

+1 support.
Gemi
A record mode where you "play the song" and all your clicks are placed as hit circles is a must have addition to the editor. When you click the actual time recorded is the nearest time that fits in with the currently used beat snap. So you could for example have the 1/1 beat snap on and all clicks would be shifted to the nearest timing that is allowed in 1/1.
Topic Starter
Olinad
yep that's what I meant :) But I believe that adding spinners and sliders would be necessary, as if you want it for buttons only you can do it with the beat placer XD
Gemi

Olinad wrote:

yep that's what I meant :) But I believe that adding spinners and sliders would be necessary, as if you want it for buttons only you can do it with the beat placer XD
You can always add spinners afterwards, no need to do that in the record mode. And what comes to sliders, you could just hold the mouse button pressed while recording and it would count as a slider, so you could draw interesting shapes with this.
Topic Starter
Olinad
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

Well at far at hitcircles are concerned, you CAN already do this. Just click play and place the hitcircles as the song is going.
Yes, but it feels weird to have the hit circle following your cursor. Also, you can't do alternating clicks because right clicking removes a hit circle.

0_o wrote:

Still, it would be pretty cool if it was possible.
If? 0_o
0_o

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

Still, it would be pretty cool if it was possible.
If? 0_o
I meant the sliders ;)
Topic Starter
Olinad
Well, for the sliders it could be made in two ways:

1) the slider's duration is based on how much time you keep the button pressed. this way, you may move the mouse less than needed, but it could be corrected afterwards
2) the slider's duration is based on the lenght of the line you draw with your mouse. Kind of easier to think of, but obviously you should change all the slider's durations afterwards

I remind you that this should be an inital setup, so it doesn't matter if it's a bit screwed up...

Another thing has come to my mind... maybe it would be kind of hard to recognise if the one you just did was a button or a slider, as you may move your mouse unintentionally... Well, another button may be used for sliders, I dunno, or the problem would be solved basing the recognition not on the mouse's movements but on how much time you keep the button pressed (or you hold the click, whatever...)
anonymous_old

Olinad wrote:

Well, for the sliders it could be made in two ways:

1) the slider's duration is based on how much time you keep the button pressed. this way, you may move the mouse less than needed, but it could be corrected afterwards
2) the slider's duration is based on the length of the line you draw with your mouse. Kind of easier to think of, but obviously you should change all the slider's durations afterwards
(Fix'd.)

Maybe a mix of both, tuning slider velocity in there as well?

I think click duration would be best, as it's more intuitive. If you're making shorter sliders (physically and temporally), you'll probably be making them manually anyway.
peppy
I'm locking/denying this feature. If this gets implemented, I already have plans which far exceed your expectations. Whether it gets implemented or not will not be dependent on a feature request but my whims, though, since this is a pretty out-there feature which sits near the end of my todo list (but in a special spot because it is one of my secret ideas).