forum

OSTER Project - Frozen Rain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 4:08:24 PM

Artist: OSTER Project
Title: Frozen Rain
BPM: 155.01
Filesize: 3531kb
Play Time: 03:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.05 stars, 171 notes)
Download: OSTER Project - Frozen Rain
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
After an insane amount of work on this one file, I'm finally putting it to rest. Working on it since my first day until finally finishing it now (finishing it for (hopefully) the last time).

Background done by me. I'm no artist are graphic artist, I just fool around in GIMP. :B

NOTE:
There should only be one difficulty (Normal). If there is more than one, contact me right away. Not-Terribly-Difficult should not exist anymore. Easy and Hard never existed in the first place.

EDORTZ: 2/15/2007, after taking Zyid's criticism about it into consideration.
-Spacing issues fixed (hopefully).
-Beat size changed.
-Obvious colour change for the beats.
-That part at 1:23whatever has been fixed to go along better with the music.
2/29/07
-Spacing issues FINALLY fixed.
EiJi
I've seen far worse. Not bad for your first map. Minor spacing inconsistencies, few out of place notes. Slider at 1:30 ends half a beat too early?

Timing is also wrong, I'll let one of the mods comment on that, though.

I'd also suggest you not place notes of different timings on top of each other.

While the combos are not too long, 12 is kinda longish...
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Crap, I've seen the mistakes. Should've uploaded this as a work in progress...I'll be making changes to it to fix these issues.

EDIT: Already fixed the slider issue, but please, people, comment, so I know what else to fix. I'm also fixing the velocity of the sliders, so I'll go back and alter all of those sliders. Once the timing is all worked out, I'll be fixing the placing of the notes.

EDIT2: I made the changes I said I would make.
Cecilthemos
It's okay, but the beatspacing is terrible, when you have quick triples, try not to have them all have the same timing, and there's a few beats that are the same space away, but have a huge gap in time of when each are hit.
Oops, accidentally typed that the spacing was terrible twice...fixed it.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

Cecilthemos wrote:

It's okay, but the beatspacing is terrible, the beatspacing is terrible, when you have quick triples, try not to have them all have the same timing, and there's a few beats that are the same space away, but have a huge gap in time of when each are hit.
I'll keep that in mind for future files. In the meantime, I'll try fixing this and reuploading it. It won't happen today, for sure, but it will eventually happen.

EDIT: I respaced about 35% of the file, now I have to do homework and prepare for a show I have tomorrow.

EDIT 2: And a few weeks later, I finally got to doing this. >.X
Topic Starter
Mogsy
I guess a double post is necessary to show people that my file's been revised again. Give it a whirl.
Cecilthemos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Ahaha, bumping due to the MAJOR revisions.
Zyid
Your file has four difficulties in it when it, I believe, should only have Normal. Try reuploading it again, and if that fails talk to Peppy.

As for Normal...it looks mostly good but spacing was still a bit iffy in parts, though not in my opinion egregiously bad. I liked your use of sliders for the most part, however there we moments like at 1:23:96 where it was annoying and didn't really fit the music. Also the map seemed a bit difficult for Normal. Try increasing the beat size at the least.

Other than that it looks decent. Starred.
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Hopefully these spacing issues have finally been put to rest.
Echo
mtmcl
My touchpad approves!

Ranking this map is my first act of moderation. Hear me roar!