forum

SPARKER - BLOCKS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xkojo10x
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, April 09, 2009 at 10:50:01 PM

Artist: SPARKER
Title: BLOCKS
Source: Game
BPM: 141
Filesize: 1591kb
Play Time: 01:35
Difficulties Available:
  1. crazy! (2.28 stars, 120 notes)
  2. smooth (3.1 stars, 52 notes)
Download: SPARKER - BLOCKS
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Huge revision.
need opinions!!!!!
adam2046
Timing:
BPM: 141.00
Offset: 7,194
Zeek
"Crazy!"
00:24:168 - Start a new combo here. Make the "8" before into a finish hit, as it's just by itself.
00:34:417 - Make the one part of the combo with the green 1 and 2.
00:37:813 - 00:41:250 - Be sure this run is in some kind of order and not just being randomly placed. My main complaint is the sudden jump down to the four, which doesn't line up with your initial 1-2-3 quarternote start. The rest afterwards follow a similar random pattern which makes little sense. Make the 11 afterwards a new combo.
00:49 - Delete the 15.
00:59:929 - Flip the slider (5) so that the beginning is on the top and not near the bottom. The 7 is a slider; delete it and make it a normal beat.
01:03:330 - 01:06:732 - Fix the spacing. The 3 & 4 and others like them should be closer to each other and not spaced like everything else at that point. Make the 12 afterwards a new combo.

From there on, just make the map more interesting. Spacing is a large issue with your map, along with the very basic beats of the song. Look at other dance grooves on here; have some fun with it. :)

Download: U - Little My Star (Full Ver) (_HydeSama_) [fixed].osu
YellowerYoshi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zeek
[Crazy]
1:03:330 - Be sure your spacing is the same throughout. There's still some noticeable ones (like the 3-4-5; 8-9-10, and so on) that aren't following a good path. For stuff like those I just described, try stacking them instead of having them laid out in a similar fashion to the rest.
01:16:924 - All notes are lined up in a quarter note beat, but the spacing is off again for most of it. Have them follow in a line, or something. Don't have them place sporadically at random moments.

Take some time and remake this map. I'm not saying it should be picture perfect or anything; just make the map have more meat to it, as it is quite bare. For instance, try out mapping more offbeats in there instead of just downbeats. This song is great for having sixteenth note runs and such in it. Make something out of it. ;)

(It doesn't feel as though you have to worry about the timing. It lines up from what I hear.)
Zeek
You're getting there.

[crazy!]
00:19:961 - Space the (5)(6) and (7) the same way as the (2)(3) and (4)
01:03:330 - Spacing is odd. Use the distance snap tool so they're all the same distance apart. Also, every time after three notes (ex 1->2->3->4->5) start a new combo. (12) and (13) should be there own combo. (14) is a new combo. (19) is a new combo (and (19) should be farther away from 18 and 17).
"01:16:924 - All notes are lined up in a quarter note beat, but the spacing is off again for most of it. Have them follow in a line, or something. Don't have them place sporadically at random moments."
01:23:726 - Distance snap tool.

[Smooth]
Use an offset of 7,156. Sounds better, IMHO.
00:38:645 - (5) new combo.
00:41:198 - (5) new combo.

Again, get some more groove in there. This map almost requires it ;) .

Download: toku feat. Pagoda - Boku no Sainou -dub mix- (Garven) [LissLastPart~].osu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.