forum

Dave Wise - Greenwood Village

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mdebourg
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 3:25:50 PM

Artist: Dave Wise
Title: Greenwood Village
BPM: 132.03
Filesize: 6625kb
Play Time: 01:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.66 stars, 100 notes)
  2. Normal (4.23 stars, 131 notes)
Download: Dave Wise - Greenwood Village
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
yays easy and normal now:) still in need of some help plz and thank you. enjoy!
roleykatsu
I think that you don't need a Nazi Mod, I would rather give you my Roley's Simple....on second thought, you need both. (xD no offence)
But, I checked your map, and I found these mistakes.

Distance Snap = Hardly any. You can make people lose the beat, because for some hit circles, it sounds like its in beat from the previous hits according to the spacing, but it wasn't.
Grid Snap = I recommend. Use this if you want a better allignment; you should.

You don't have to start a song from the beginning. It sounds rather ugly for this song (in my opinion, no offence).

BPM = Change to 132.134
Offset = Set to 3,873. Don't start the song from the beginning.

It seems that you end the map in the middle. I did that too. This song repeats itself a few times, no point of mapping the entire thing, well you shouldn't map the entire song for Easy, that is.

Slider Velocity is perfect.
Slider Tick Rate = I placed 2. 1 seems a bit slow for your map.

Oh, last thing for timing. Change the BPM, Offset, then in the bottom, click "Snap to new timing". "Use snap divisor" and the drop-down bar should not be faded now. Click the drop-down bar, and select 1/4 (blue ticks). Click "OK". Your beats should be in 1/4 timing now and should sound right. If its not, consider re-mapping the song my Offset suggestion.

Now, on to the beats itself:

BSD used for modding: 1/4

00:11:459 - Break - Remove. Its super-short anyway.
00:20:887 - Slider 7 - Doesn't sound as if it belongs there. Remake this slider, without the repeat, but with the same length.
00:24:295 - Circle 3, 4 - Holy crap, 2 hit circles, tooooo close to each other. Remove 4.
00:25:886 - Break- Add one.
00:29:975 - Circle 5, 6, 7 - They all should have a finish sound.
00:31:339 - Circle 8 - Remove.
00:56:785 - Slider 4 - Extend to 00:58:375
00:58:603 - Break - Add one.

To sum it up, fix the mistakes I pointed out, the BPM & Offset, and SNAP YOUR BEATS!

Of course, I also promised my own version of the song.

INSTRUCTIONS TO PUT UP MY VERSION OF THE SONG TO THE FOLDER (only if you need it, other wise, go and download the file.)

1) Save file in Program Files/osu!/songs/Dave Wise - Greenwood Village
2) Once downloaded in the folder, go to osu! (the game), search up for the song. There should be your difficulty and my version. If not, press f5 to refresh and see if it works.

Oh, and be sure to give me kudosu :P If some of the mistakes gets fixed, I will star this map.
roleykatsu
Mod 2.

It is strange how beats in my version went along well with my suggested beatmap. In this case, you need to make some slight increasing in your BPM. Use the CTRL+Small Decimal Increasing trick, and keep snapping to 1/4 BSD every time you change the BPM. This could take several, perhaps tens of times until its perfected, but for any map, timing is the most important thing.

Change audio lead-in time to 0. Also, go to the Storyboarding Tab under song setup and remove the check for Enable Countdown; it sounds stupid with it.
Offset = Set to 3,873. Every number counts, the more percise the better.

Slider Tick Rate = Good.

Now, on to the beats itself:

BSD used for modding: 1/4

*00:20:887 - Slider 7 - Doesn't sound as if it belongs there. Remake this slider, without the repeat, but WITH THE SAME LENGTH. Meaning, it will be as long as if it was WITH a repeat, except you won't have one.
*00:24:295 - Circle 3, 4 - Holy crap, 2 hit circles, tooooo close to each other. Remove 4.
*00:25:886 - Break- Add one.
*00:29:975 - Circle 5, 6, 7 - They all should have a finish sound.
*00:31:339 - Circle 8 - Remove.
*00:56:785 - Slider 4 - Extend to 00:58:375

You didn't really fix much. Any mistake I placed a * on behind the time of the mistake means that it was never touched and left.

Sadly this map is far from getting a star, imo :( . This map still needs some tinkering with, mostly with BPM and Spacing. I have to be honest with you; this map is now rather nukeworthy. Part of this is my fault, because of the BPM I suggested (but why did it work fine with my map?). Try doing that CTRL trick to see if your beats will go back to normal. Also, you still have that horrible super quick beat that you have to remove. Try to fix as soon as you can, if you want to get a star.

Also, since you are going to have to fix this map and submit it, this means you also have to delete my version of the map, as my versions are only fixers/examples for yours. To do so:

Go to the beatmap selection list on osu!
Select [Roley's Simple]
Click "Beatmap Options"
Click "3. Delete.."
Click "2. Yes, but only this difficulty"

Remember, I cancelled consideration of making my versions, although I will be glad to help you by making fixer maps. You are going to have to remove any of my fixer maps before you submit however. I don't want my fixer versions up, they are only for you to use for help. So, once you're done with [easy], be sure to delete my map, then submit it.

KThxBai xP

-Roley|Rolster-
roleykatsu
The map was fixed.

Please download the attached map in the folder and either:

1) Use Easy2 as your example fixer map for Easy, but this means before submission, you are going to have to get rid of Easy2.

2) Delete the old Easy, rename Easy2 as Easy, then FULL SUBMIT.

P.s: I starred the map, its almost there :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.