forum

/np auto-spectate

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
An64fan
I don't know how doable this is, but I'd if when someone /nps, we could click their name and automatically spectate (or maybe a screen that comes up with a "Would you like to spectate [name]? Yes/No" kind of deal).

Why do I ask for something like this? Well, for some odd reason I always click people's names on their /np message and somehow expect it to make me spectate them.... Heh.......
Gemi
Yeah, why not.
anonymous_old
Why not bring up the standard user menu, like what happens when you click a name in the player list? That way you don't have to scroll through the list to do any of the other operations (e.g. add a friend) either.
Topic Starter
An64fan

strager wrote:

Why not bring up the standard user menu, like what happens when you click a name in the player list? That way you don't have to scroll through the list to do any of the other operations (e.g. add a friend) either.
Even better! Then you could do lots of stuff by clicking their name when they chat or /np, /me, /r, whatever. :)
Jeffro
On the other hand it could be annoying on some occasions, like when you're playing a map. But I guess this could be solved disabling this feature when you're playing a map.
anonymous_old

Jeffro wrote:

On the other hand it could be annoying on some occasions, like when you're playing a map. But I guess this could be solved disabling this feature when you're playing a map.
Eh, what? Do you click now-playing notices while playing a map yourself?
Ekaru
Considering that spectating is disabled when playing a map anyways, it'd make sense to have it disabled for this auto-spectating.
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

Considering that spectating is disabled when playing a map anyways, it'd make sense to have it disabled for this auto-spectating.
Ah, I see. I was thinking more along the lines of my idea of the menu in my first post here, which got me confused about Jeffro's statement.

If the original idea is implemented, I agree that it should be disabled when playing a map, or have a "are you sure" dialog.
Gabi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.