forum

Filter Users in F9 menu and a suggestion for the Timing tab [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gens
1. Just a lil' box in the F9 menu, next to the "Lock User Panels" box. Useful if I want to search a specific user that is not in my Friends list. (I sometimes get lost while searching in the whole users list...)

2. In the Timing section of the Editor, yesh, you can time and everything, but it would be nice if I want to hear the "Ticks" with the actual sound of the beats. My Idea is: You double-click the slider demostration (below the "Slider Tick Rate" value), and you hear the slider, like a real one. You would also hear the Slider Tick Rate and the beat volume. (Maybe) Useful when I can't identify the correct Offset. You know what? Eff this request. There's no way on Earth peppy would implement this.

Do you like my suggestions? :D

Duplcate: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13965
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
foLn
agreeing.
the F9 menu definitely could get some improvements.
id really like to be able to just type down a name, just like in the beatmap selection.
would be pretty much helpful. otherwise you scroll and scroll, yes alphabetical order... but that gets so annoying. also because the user rate is increasing and it gets more and more confusing.
Jeffro
Seconded, maybe also add a box to type in a song name to see if people are playing that song? Would be a nice addition :D
anonymous_old
Can we have a normal tabular selection instead of a bunch of buttons which are hard to scan and take up too much space? Even though it's less fancy, it's much more practical, and insertions/deletions aren't as distracting (which is a problem with the current system and has been "fixed" with an option).

So, maybe the whole friends thing needs a redesign? (Is there a thread for this?)

I like Jeffro's idea of searching by song name (and other map tags). Another similar idea is searching for players playing a map you have so us non-osu! direct players (moochers =[) can find someone to spectate more easily.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jeffro
Well lets hope enough people will show interest now because I would really love this feature.

Maybe we should have a topic where people can vote for their top priority feature osu! should have.

Like the spectation suggestions that have been made, redesign of F9 and other stuff of course :)
An64fan
*shows support*

I've been keen on the thought of a player list search box myself for a while now. Being able to swap between the current players list and a simpler, more list-like, um, list, would be pretty awesome, too.
rust45
Support and bump, I realized this was here after my clone of the topic was denied.