forum

Know who adds you as a friend / Ability to deny friend reque

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Not to make this seem more like a facebook/myspace thing buuut..

Would it be possible to find out who adds you as a friend? And if so, would it be possible to deny friendships? I've had a few small instances where I come into chat quietly, not saying a word, to see 2 or 3 people whom i've never seen before in my life say "Hi RemmyX25" before osu! even appears in window form, and it feels slightly creepy to me. Not sure how anyone else feels about this.

Discuss?
Gemi
I don't think that this is a good idea, since friendship is actually used for things like seeing someone's scores in a different color in the in game score board, which is something that a player might want to do for a certain player even if they aren't really "friends". Really, does it cause any harm to you?
Cyclone
If you get as many random PMs as i do, you'd understand Gemi. Then again, I somewhat like the way it is now.
Olinad
I already wrote something like this, but anyway...

I'd like a friendship system similar to the one you find on facebook or whatever: you send a friendship invitation and the other person can decide whether to accept or deny it.
The only difference from now would be:

- If you send an invitation and it isn't accepted, it's like the current friendship: you can see when the other person logs in, see his scores highlighted and so on

- if the invitation is accepted you become a friend of that person, and it's just like the actual one but with something more, like direct invitation to online games, or an in-game friend list where you can select your friends and chat with them if they are online, or send them PMs...
vytalibus
Lately, the friends system is abused to an extent that a lot of people start "stalking" one person. This can grow to a very awkward scene later on, and the victim has no choice but to use /ignore on that person, which does not really solve the problem considering that he is still tagged as a "friend".

The ability to deny friend requests shouldn't be as accessible as a simple highlight, as this can render more trouble and distraction. Rather, there should be a list under the User Panel that shows who have added the player as friends. This will ensure that no one adds friends "just to get his attention when he comes online".
101xAngelina
it would be awesome, if you could see who added you as friend without you added them
Bara-
Don't bump old threads if they are in the 'Completed Requests' subforum
Underforest
also no need to bump

t/130231
there's already a request about it
go support it