forum

Samurai Pizza Cats Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mifune24
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, May 16, 2008 at 9:38:07 PM

Artist:
Title: Samurai Pizza Cats Theme
BPM: 160.35
Filesize: 5047kb
Play Time: 01:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cheese (2.63 stars, 120 notes)
  2. Pepperoni (4.43 stars, 167 notes)
  3. Supreme (4.77 stars, 209 notes)
Download: - Samurai Pizza Cats Theme
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
UPDATE:

Reborn!

Redone beatmaps.
More difficulty levels.
Video added.
Guido's still a skirtchaser.
awp
This is freakin nostalgic!

The beatmap itself needs a bit of work. Your offset is pretty good, but I'm hearing 160.35 for the BPM. Using the bpm, you should be able to snap the beats to the timeline instead of timing them manually. When you time them manually, they have the tendancy to sound slightly off. It also makes life much easier.

Also, beat spacing. It's very inconsistent and confusing at times. The very first combo, for example. 1, 2 and 3 are all evenly spaced out, good enough. Note 4 is only a half-beat away so it's placed overtop of 3. That's also good. But beat 5 is only a half a beat away from 4 and is a beat's worth of spacing away. Gotta watch out for this; it'll confuse people. Beat spacing should be done in an intuitive manner. If you feel stumped, hold ALT when you're placing notes and it'll recommend a distance away from the previous note. Give 'er a look over after adjusting the BPM and re-aligning the notes.
Sakura Igarashi
If this song made it into Osu, I now have confidence that anything is possible.

Nostalgic to the max XD
Bonesnake
Wo, love the song. I like some of the beat placement and the letter sliders.

I'm getting a BPM of 160.42 and an offset of around 246. ( tho your offset was very close aswell.)
Can't wait to see the final version.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Updated.

Changed the BPM, tweaked, snapped, adjusted, fixed, and baked to a golden brown. Should be now ready for the big time.

Hopefully.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Bump. The Samurai Pizza Cats can't die!

Tweaked the beatmaps yet again, and I'll apply the update as soon as this escapes purgatory. :o
awp
awesome I'm going to go figure out how to commit necromancy on beatmaps right now~
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Aaaaaand... here we go. Latest revision.

Pick your flavor!
Behon
I like the initials for each name.

I think it might be a good idea to turn off the countdown for this, though. It's a little clashing with cuing that boid.
Sinistro
I'm hearing a lot of circles better on eighth beats, so perhaps offset could be reduced to around 6,200. Sample set volume seems to be pretty loud too.

Cheese:
00:10:31 (2) - Slider needs to be 1/4 of a beat longer.
00:38:94 (1) - This two slider-combo seems to not be so intuitive for a Normal difficulty. How about moving the first slider forward half a beat, and move the slider at 00:40:53 (2) - one quarter of a beat forward while also shortening it by the same amount?
00:58:95 (2,3,4,5) - Again, the rest of the combo falling on the fading slider's path might be iffy for a Normal map, so you could consider moving it around.
01:22:53 (5) - This slider ends at a weird place. Try making the pizza slice bigger or smaller to change its endpoint/length.

Pepperoni:
00:29:96 (1,2) - The slider's path falling on the fading G is not too aesthetic. I don't require it to bubble this map, but maybe you could try making the curve deeper to go under the G. Same for Supreme at this point.
00:33:00 (1,2) - These were the only things that didn't snap too well after I changed offset, nudge them 1/8 forward.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Heyyy Sinistro. Thanks for modding. 8-)

I changed the offset, reduced the hit volume, made the necessary changes you mentioned. All that jazz.

Hang on SPC, you'll be ranked one day. Just hang in there.
Sinistro
I think the only thing left now is 00:40:53 (2) - just move it 1/4 forward and shorten it 1/4 of a beat, like I said before. Starred, with bubble soon to follow, I believe.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
*delivers latest update to Sinistro's doorstep*
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Cheese: 00:17:98 (1) - to 00:18:17 sounds a bit better to me =|
Move Guido's G over a half note too, I think.

Supreme: Could do with a bit of mixing up with the beat placement, earlier on it's mostly copy-pasta and rotation.

And yeah, video needs syncing.

Don't give up, Cats!
Topic Starter
Mifune24
It's cool, Sinistro. I'm liking this epic quest towards the ranked promised land. :P

Changed up Supreme, fixed video sync, changed this and that, blah blah blah...

*offers up latest version fresh from the oven*
awp
I was going to bubble this earlier but I mysteriously got a BSOD - first one in three years. My computer is in fact dying.

Well, time to bubble it now~
Sinistro
The Samurai Pizza Cats have proved stronger than old cheese, stronger than dirt, stronger than even the Beatmap Graveyard out of which they fought their way. Their pizza order is finally delivered, and it is yummy.

Here's your tip:
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Well thank you very much sinstro and awp, for guiding these cats on their long and difficult quest. :D

They can rest easy now.
Huskatron
thanks! this is the first maps i got over #40 on and one of the 1st maps i played ;)