forum

Lets talk Dragonball Evolution.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fireriku546
I heard some good opinions some bad on reviews a lot of people give it a 6/10 I think it deserves a 4/10 or a 5/10. I mean look at goku as a great ape you just want to laugh at it oh and Goku KNOWING he's a saiyan lets see what happens in the raditz saga shall we :D?
RemmyX25
aahahahhahhahhahahahhahaa

My friends and I are going to see it just for the sole purpose of finding out just HOW BAD it is
Kitty McWittles
People that review it as a MOVIE (I.E. good story, good acting, nice effects, etc) will give it good ratings, so unless it just fails at being a movie in general which I'm doubting, it'll get good official reviews.

People that CARE about the DragonBall series and watched the original cartoon/anime (w/e you wanna call it) will give it pure 0s because it FAILS at everything DragonBall-related. FFS, Goku was like 8 in DB, he's 17 in DB:Evo? Friggin... at least call it DragonBall Z:Evolution = =;;
Hara
It's not even good if looked like a movie without thinking about Dragonball. :roll:

It's quite confusing from that aspect and it feels like I'm watching something I have already seen some time before, more than most other movies make you feel. The acting was okay but it wasn't really that good and the effects felt good and was integrated good, but it was like they didn't have the guts to go FULL OUT with the effects and just go really big from time to time, feels half-assed even if big.

If you then look at it as a huge Dragonball fan you start puking. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jarby
From the trailer I've seen, it's generic Hollywood action movie crap. Even if I ignore the fact that it is a drastically altered rendition of an existing franchise, it's still going to be terrible.
phill_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DawnII
How do you know for sure phill? HOW DO YOU KNOW?!
phill_old
Well I've watched the first two eps, seems fine sofar. Better than rewatching DBZ at any rate.
Kitty McWittles
DBZ is the only anime I've seen where the English VA's dominated the original Japanese ones. Less garbage filler or not, I gave up on DB:Kai halfway through the first episode due to the girly voices.

I drooled at the new HQ op though... god if the whole series was remade into a HQ version... fucking epic.
Topic Starter
fireriku546
I know seriously but this is DBE were talking about NOT DBK I don't know what kind of drugs you were on to see the 2 resemble besides the fact it has dragonball. Did you know that they even made a GAME?! It's going to be fun seeing the people review it then saying its a poor ripoff of shin budokai (which it is) :)

Download: toku feat. Pagoda - Boku no Sainou -dub mix- (Garven) [MM's Taiko].osu
Hara

Samurai_X wrote:

DBZ is the only anime I've seen where the English VA's dominated the original Japanese ones. Less garbage filler or not, I gave up on DB:Kai halfway through the first episode due to the girly voices.

I drooled at the new HQ op though... god if the whole series was remade into a HQ version... fucking epic.

I actually felt like you for a long time, then now with Kai I'm starting to like the voices. They are NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING, when you compare it to the girlyness of DB:GT.

DB and Angelic Layer is the only shows I have ever preferred English on before though.

Not sure how I feel about saving these down on the disk though, I felt kinda happy having the old 2xx episodes on just 10gb down, depends on how these turn out and how fare they are going.

I might go see Dragonball Evolution at the Cinema just to see how bad it is on the big screen.
Pasonia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kitty McWittles
I'm sure aXXo will release an early version. And personally this a movie I'd risk getting caught pirating instead of even just signing up for the $5 Netflix trial to rent it...
VincentLaw
the movie sucks.. the kamehamehas looks like.... sperm?

and piccolo looks like jim carrey movie "the mask"
Ekaru
I hope this is so bad it's funny. Might rent it solely for that purpose.
Detective Tuesday

Ekaru wrote:

I hope this is so bad it's funny. Might rent it solely for that purpose.
It is, in a way similar to that of The Legend of Chun Li.
ieatatsonic
derfington

Samurai_X wrote:

Cowboy bebops VA for the English was far superior to the Japanese counterpart
Neo@lex

derfington wrote:

Samurai_X wrote:

Cowboy bebops VA for the English was far superior to the Japanese counterpart
Afro Samurai, mothafucka.
Leon Magnus
Ranma 1/2 Live Action by Disney :S
DBE mark an dark ages for Anime