forum

Lynn Rose - Believe

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lilac
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, 21 December 2009 at 2:27:28 PM

Artist: Lynn Rose
Title: Believe
Source: Elite Beat Agents
Tags: authentic
BPM: 134
Filesize: 4091kb
Play Time: 02:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Breezin' (0.55 stars, 71 notes)
  2. Cruisin' (0.95 stars, 88 notes)
  3. Hard ROCK! (3.34 stars, 145 notes)
  4. Sweatin' (2.84 stars, 145 notes)
Download: Lynn Rose - Believe
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The first bonus song of Elite Beat Agents is now up with all 4 difficulties. "Believe" by Cher and performed by Lynn Rose.

This has been a year long project and I thank all those who contributed but now, it is finally completed. *grin*

EDIT: Did nooodl's ideas which were quite helpful

Along with a background for Breezin'

EDIT 2: Did Starrodkirby's ideas which were yet again quite helpful

EDIT 2: Changed the artist's name to Lynn Rose according to 0_o

EDIT 3: Changed timing and BPM according to Alace's and ignorethis' help. m980 also had a part in it so I'll thank him for that too.

EDIT 4: Actually Authentic!!! Sweatin' and Cruisin' now complete.

EDIT 5: Better Preview Time.

EDIT 6: Breezin is now currently authentic.

EDIT 7: Changes according to Alex and soradg123 but I still can't shake the feeling that increasing the size is right.

EDIT 8: Circle size increase all that's needed is to do Hard Rock! So yeah...

EDIT 9: Cruisin is now (hopefully...) done, so thanks m980.

EDIT 10: Azure_Kyte, and his changes.

EDIT 11: Needs an m980 relook.

EDIT 12: Resnap, snap.

EDIT 13: Thanks to soradg123's other changes.

EDIT 14: NOW WITH KIAI TIME! 0_0
nooodl_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
Sorry for delaying this so, so much... I can't really point out errors since I'm not an expert in authenticity. But here we go~

Don't let the giant list frighten you, haha.

[Cruisin']:
00:16:30 (1) - This "might" be too low. I don't know for sure. (More on this later)
00:22:53 (1) - Resnap this to the timeline. It looks kind of uneven.
00:25:78 (1,2,3) - Resnap this to the timeline.
01:10:79 (4,5) - I don't think these are timed correctly. Move (4) to the white tick and (5) to the red one?
01:26:64 (1) - Move this back to the Red Tick.
01:27:30 (3) - Resnap to the timeline.
01:28:84 (4,5,1,2) - These notes kind of...look ugly when together, you know? Is that how it is really is?
01:34:69 (1,2,3) - Get those things snapped similar to (4)-(6).
01:42:30 (1,2,3,1,2) - Resnap.
01:52:33 (1,2,3,4,5) - Resn--Screw this, you can just win by going to Timing and to Resnap all notes anyway...It's less work than doing this...
02:11:58 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - ...Resnap. You changed timing recently, didn't you? I don't feel like saying anymore of this Resnap crap.

[Sweatin']:
00:50:78 (1,2,3) - I know Elite Beat Agents can't be THAT uneven with their beats...Move something on Grid Level 3? (Don't know what, sorry)
01:05:10 (1,2,3) - Same as above.
01:35:32 (4) - I don't think this slider ends on a 1/4, even at this velocity... :(
01:36:22 (5,6) - I don't like this spacing. Looks really different and inconsistent (Or is that what the game had?)

The other difficulties didn't have problems and Hard ROCK! Is just a mirror (According to you) so I didn't bother.

I recommend you read MetalMario's guide with authenticity if you aren't a bad reader. This talks about the rules iNiS stuff has over to osu! and all. Really important in making an authentic map.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10579

You get a star. Hopefully you fix everything.
DeathxShinigami
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Lilac

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Hard rock usually has a higher difficulty level than sweatin, keep that in mind.

Starred for the hard effort involved. Can't wait to see what you can do! ^^
Thanks, but I've tried everything I could (Higher HP drain, more difficult but still Swetain' has more stars than Hard Rock.)

I really don't know why. :(
Sushi
I have an idea about that, Verify your draining time.

For sweatin, it's 90s, and for Hard rock it is 74s.

Verify breaks. (i didn't look the map yet, randomly hit that post)
0_o
Just wanted to say that the Artist should be Lynn Rose, seeing as this is just a cover of Cher's song.

But yeah awesome job :)
Topic Starter
Lilac

Sushi971 wrote:

I have an idea about that, Verify your draining time.

For sweatin, it's 90s, and for Hard rock it is 74s.

Verify breaks. (i didn't look the map yet, randomly hit that post)
I tried, but it's still not working. :(

And I'm changing the artist to Lynn Rose according to 0_o's post.

Download: toku feat. Pagoda - Boku no Sainou -dub mix- (Garven) [LissFixes].osu
Mashley
A lot of hitsounds are wrong, and you should spend some time playing eba and listening to the hitsounds to work out what your map should sound like. Starring...
Takuma
Revived!
0_o
Delete and replace the breaks in Sweatin', that's what's causing the difficulty to be higher (I dunno why though). For some reason the first break has 2 breaks on top of eachother?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the first 3 difficulties are supposed to have the largest circle size, with Hard Rock having the second largest.

I would star this, but I already did :P
ignorethis
There's obvious problem about offset.

<Breezin>
02:22:55 (4) - Move the end circle to red tick

I don't see problems except offset in cruisin

<Hard Rock>
00:25:78 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I suppose that you want to align with the song right? But it's hard to say if this is allowed or not. It may be related to your wrong offset.

try re-timing. star'd
Alace
offset:8508
BPM:134.00
Topic Starter
Lilac
Great scot, you're absolutely right! About the break bit. The circles are fine as they are, talked with m980 about them... Thanks a lot, kudos for solving that problem. I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier...

Thanks Alace and IGN for helping me with the timing! ^_^ It couldn't have helped me more.

Sorry Sushi, only just reading your post I found out that you did say something about the break. ^_^; Apologies. Thank you for all those who've helped the map become what it is.
rust45
[Overall]
You did a good job on this, but I am going to point out obvious things that I noticed from my comparison. Star for EBA.

[Breezin]
All the curvy sliders were too curved and not long enough, at least from what I saw.

[Crusin]
Fine

[Sweatin]
00:09:49 (1,2,3,4) - This needs to be in some triangle pattern, recheck whatever you used to make the map.

[Hard Rock]
Didn't bother checking since you should've just flipped it both ways, just look at Sweatin.
Mashley
Might want to clean up that first post, with all those duplicate difficulties.
Topic Starter
Lilac
I will once I've redone Sweatin' and Hard Rock. They are the most annoying ones out of all of them to make authentic.
Topic Starter
Lilac

rust45 wrote:

[Sweatin]
00:09:49 (1,2,3,4) - This needs to be in some triangle pattern, recheck whatever you used to make the map.
00:09:49 doesn't have any notes... It's still beginning.
Torran
SteRRuM
Ok, I'm just starring it.
show more