forum

How often do you watch others' screens on TV games?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Watching others' screens is a multitasking way to gain an advantage in games, mostly racing and FPS. Cheating, exploiting a technique, or part of the game? You decide.

I'm guilty of this in nearly every Mario Kart. I'm in first place, armed with bananas and green shells, ready to annoy 2nd place when he starts snaking. :3
lukewarmholiday
My response to this issue

JUST LOOK THE FUCK ON MY SCREEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME LOOKING AT YOURS.
Ekaru
My brother apparently does. I can tell from some of the comments he makes. "Why did you do that, you idiot?" "Haha, you just fell"

I don't, I'm too focused on my own screen. ><;
cyanberryio
Every time. :P Most FPSs I look at their screen while still looking at mine. :D Heehee, so what? It's just so easy sometimes. Most of the time I still lose since that person is the kind that plays everyday.
awp
Mario Kart, yep. I don't look at their screens, per say, just what items they have and occasionally their position.
Cuddlebun
I do it for every multiplayer game. Even better since my brother is honorable and doesn't, so when we're playing and he can't find me he gets frustrated because I always drop down out of the blue and kill him.
Kasada
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Atmey
Not very often.
awp
I also do it all the time in Brawl and RE5.
mm201
I do this sometimes in shooters (Halo or Goldeneye) mainly to find out where on the map my enemies are and what guns they're equipping.

I don't find it all that useful on racers, where I prefer to look at the road ahead of me to sustain the best line. I do watch for items in MKDS (which they purposefully tell you on the bottom screen anyway) so I can prepare to dodge blue shells or block reds. Snaking is not an issue since both myself and my opponents should be snaking at all times.

awp wrote:

Brawl
There's only one screen. .__. Of course you're allowed to look at the enemy you're fighting with! His HP, too. They tell you the damage on CPUs after all.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

awp wrote:

I also do it all the time in Brawl
Cheater; I'm not gonna play with you ever.
Ivalset
Never.

Audio is fair game though.
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex
It's not cheating if they can do it too.

Srsly, if people don't like you watching their screen, tell them to GTFO and go get their own console and TV.

Although, I really don't play much splitscreen games. It's always either PCs on ad-hoc or DS' on... ad-hoc.
Ivalset
Some of us live by a code of honor, you know?

And some of us are just too lazy to watch two or more screens at once to get a slight advantage.
KawaiiLily
Im trying to avoid it but its just too hard.
neku12
lukewarmholiday
Xiao_old

lukewarmholiday wrote:

I watch my friends screen whenn playing BlazBlue.
It doesn't work very well for me when I try to do that.

Isn't an issue for me since I almost never play locally. When I do though, I screen-look every player as do the people I'm playing with. There is no honour here; it's kill or be killed. Fuck that honour nonsense. If you're too lazy to keep track of screens okay, but if you wanna say you don't want to screen look because it's cheating go play a Hannah Montana game or something
mrbubl3s
i almost never, maybe when i get bored or something, but thats almost never :lol:
show more