forum

They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 10:55:57 AM

Artist: They Might Be Giants
Title: Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
BPM: 114
Filesize: 2373kb
Play Time: 02:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.66 stars, 204 notes)
  2. Normal (2.91 stars, 117 notes)
Download: They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Who likes They Might Be Giants? Who doesn't like They Might Be Giants?

I was listening to this song in my car yesterday and I thought, "hey, this could make a good beatmap." So I made this.

Just remember-- you can't go back to Constantinople.
peppy
bpm114
offset16,684
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Making sure this gets onto the forum front page...

Edit: ..2346:02?
MaxwellDemon
One thing that came in mind when I played this is that the spacing when the beats are right next to each other on the 1/4 scale is too wide. The spacing between a beat that's next to each other on full beat is only very slightly wider than that. Requires a little fixing on that. :)
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Er... could you get me a screencap of those parts in the editor so I can see what to fix?

(And here I thought this was pretty good... I must be slipping.)
Cecilthemos
The beatspacing is consistent enough, imo, the only thing I really have a problem with is the second break is WAY too long.
Gilrad
This song needs video
MaxwellDemon

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

Er... could you get me a screencap of those parts in the editor so I can see what to fix?

(And here I thought this was pretty good... I must be slipping.)
It is pretty good, I might just be very picky because Cecil says it is fine (on the contrary though, I find the break okay XD).

Anyway, my problem is just that on 1:56:15 (as an example, since I don't see many of them actually :P), if you look at the beats there, you'd see that 1/2 beats are two spaces wide (on the medium sized grid) and full beats are three spaces wide. I am just saying that I'd like the full beats to be slightly wider than three spaces. :)
Boxed_Slug
The break would be better if there was video, otherwise the second break is boring...:P
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
karnov_old
we can add the video ourselves though, right?
Cecilthemos

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

To those of you asking for video:

Some of us don't have computers that are good enough to run video and osu! at the same time. :|
You can still include a video, as long as there's an option to download the song without it.
Gilrad
Not to mention there is a no video mod that you can turn on.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Yes, but you're all forgetting something.

How am I supposed to time the beatmap to the video if I can't run the video to begin with?
Gilrad
I'll do it for you if it comes down to that.

Would you like the Tiny Toons version or the original music video (if there is one)?
karnov_old
i like the tiny toons one way more.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
I still can't believe that this one is unranked for the sole reason that there's no video. :o
peppy
Hmm, can anything be done about that 15second break everyone is complaining about? I think that would suffice rather than video as it seems to be the general complaint.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

peppy wrote:

Hmm, can anything be done about that 15second break everyone is complaining about? I think that would suffice rather than video as it seems to be the general complaint.
There's a 21-second break in Bambina in Ouendan 2, and I don't see anyone complaining about that. :|

Nevertheless, since the people want it, I'll see what I can do.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
All right, since so many people were asking, I threw in a little something-something to shorten that 15-second break, and made some other little various changes to note placements. Hope you guys appreciate it.
show more