forum

osu! more CPU intensive than it's ever been? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Seriously. Running it is starting to slow down my ENTIRE computer, and I have no clue why... also, it takes 3-4 minutes for the screen to actually show up after the window opens.
peppy

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

Running it is starting to slow down my ENTIRE computer, and I have no clue why...
Neither do I... but you seem to be alone with this? Anything interesting you can report? Such as how high your cpu actually is? And whether there are also hard disk reads?

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

Also, it takes 3-4 minutes for the screen to actually show up after the window opens.
Which screen?
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

peppy wrote:

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

Running it is starting to slow down my ENTIRE computer, and I have no clue why...
Neither do I... but you seem to be alone with this? Anything interesting you can report? Such as how high your cpu actually is? And whether there are also hard disk reads?
osu! seems to be going between 10% and 20% CPU, and it's the only thing that's really cutting into the idle process. YES, Firefox is off. ...There's also a hard disk read when the program first starts up, but... hmm.

peppy wrote:

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

Also, it takes 3-4 minutes for the screen to actually show up after the window opens.
Which screen?
Title menu screen.

EDIT: It's not as bad as it was earlier. Perhaps my reboot fixed this.