forum

Taiko Feature Wishlist

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mattyu007
Ok, remaking post and calling it a wishlist :3 Old post is at the bottom
I'll separate these into Graphical and Gameplay ^_^

Gameplay

-> Fuusen Notes
Also known as "Balloon Notes", these are notes that can be cleared by spamming don's (red notes) until the counter reaches 0, at which time the balloon pops. Each hit to the balloon is awarded 300 points, clearing the balloon gives a 2x score (like big notes) and no combo addition. Example:

-> Sweet Potato Notes
This note is very similar to the fuusen note. However, this note covers most of the screen (effectively hiding incoming beats) and gives 5000 points on completion. For an example of this, see this video at around 0:45 (top 3 difficulties)

-> Taiko Editor
This would be a taiko track in the standard editor, with all the available beats as buttons on the bottom? You could select a type of beat then click on the track to place the beat. Along with this would be the ability to customize score (base score + step adjustment) and specific difficulty settings (hitwindow, HP difficulty)

Graphical

-> Animated hitcircles
^_______^ <3
These begin animating at 50 combo (BPM determines animation speed) and animate at double speed when the combo reaches 150. If the combo breaks, they stop animating. I believe the images for this are in the latest taiko skin test zip. The default "non-animated" status (?) is the closed mouth for small beats and the open mouth for big beats

-> Rolling Combo Indicator
The combo shouldn't show up until it reaches 10, and when the combo reaches 100, the numbers should be larger and have an orange-to-yellow gradient fill from top to bottom (like the example below)

-> Hitobject Layering (?)
The hitcircles should always be ontop of the hit window thing, this makes the beats easier to see during streams

-> Big Beat Explosions
It would be really cool if the big hitcircles created giant explosions when hit with both sides of the drum. It looks like a trail of stars / sparks

-> Rolling Score Indicator
The animation should increase the score like the combo currently increases

-> Don / Katsu Indicators
I'm really not sure what to call this, but it's those japanese words that scroll along the bottom of the taiko track

-> Hopping Characters
These are little characters (clouds, birds, etc) that hop out of the taiko drum and hop along a predefined path until they eventually leave the screen. These pop out every time a beat is hit, if a beat is missed, then a soul thingy flies along out of the taiko drum (See Luigi's Rockroll map SB)

-> Lighting Effects
This happens during GoGo Time (Kiai Time) and when the bar is in the "clear" zone. Very similar to the BG of the Special Play mode screen

^^;;

Old Post wrote:

I think this would be very much like the standard osu! editor but instead of having the buttons for sfx and hitcircles and stuff, it would have buttons for don, katsu, drumrolls, dendens (spinners), fuusens (balloon) and the sweet potato note :3

It should just be like the standard editor except the compose mode grid would be replaced with a taiko bar, with all the notes and stuff moving along.

For those who don't know what the "Sweet Potato Note" is, check this video at around 0:45. You can't miss it. Trust me.

EDIT: Maybe also include customizable score as well? (For authenticity's sake? :3)

vytalibus
I'm all in for this. It can happen that whenever a mapper makes a new difficulty, it'll ask if it's a Taiko-specific mod or not, as well. We need this because it's a bit awkward to make a Taiko-only difficulty on the same grid-based editor. This will also open up more new types of notes like the Grapefruit note matty suggested.
peppy
I'm all for this.

Wanna code it for me?
Topic Starter
mattyu007

peppy wrote:

Wanna code it for me?
I would if I could... x_x
aquabluu
btw, it's a minor mistake, but that wasn't a grapefruit, it's a root vegetable, probably a sugar beet.

In Japanese, it's imo onpu (イモ音符)
flyboy87
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ryuukun
the same should be implicated for Catch the beat.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mattyu007
So it's a sweet potato now? *changes*
Olinad
There are no CtB - only maps... so there's no need for a CtB editor! But a Taiko one would be cool.
Wojjan
God, do I ever want a Taiko editor. Is it on the to-do list yet?
crystalsuicune
Best idea ever,makes our taiko-mapping life easier!
(since we don't have to visualize the taiko bar in our mind
while taiko-mapping,the notes won't go all over the place,
and it's easier to select notes like the middle note in a 3-note combo.
With the current editor,it's hard to select those.)
anonymous_old

crystalsuicune wrote:

Best idea ever,makes our taiko-mapping life easier!
(since we don't have to visualize the taiko bar in our mind
while taiko-mapping,the notes won't go all over the place,
and it's easier to select notes like the middle note in a 3-note combo.
With the current editor,it's hard to select those.)
It's called the timeline.
Topic Starter
mattyu007
Heh kinda changed (a lot of) stuff around
^^;
LuigiHann
I don't see any need for sweet potato notes ever
Topic Starter
mattyu007