forum

mass disconnect / reconnect

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zomgheals
This happens every 30 seconds or so, very annoying when im playing beatmaps and all i see is' Connecting to bancho' etc. etc.

And i cannot play multiplayer at all because it just keep disconnecting..........

network:

Running under firewall router
LAN etc. etc.

XP SP1
Echo
I doubt you ever managed to connect? Check your firewall/proxy settings.
Topic Starter
zomgheals
yes i managed to connect to bancho, how else would i have lvl 26.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
zomgheals
yeah.... but then what are you on about?
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
zomgheals
youtube is fine.
IRC wont work when disconnected and work when connected.

Im not sure what you mean by question 3
anonymous_old

zomgheals wrote:

Im not sure what you mean by question 3
Keep the chat window open. Have someone message you every ten seconds or so. When you finally get disconnected, compare the time of the last message with the time of the disconnect. (Pro tip: use the same clock, i.e. you computer's clock.)
Topic Starter
zomgheals
Echo
Do you ever manage to connect when you open the game? Or does it start reconnecting as soon as you start the game?
Topic Starter
zomgheals
Connects when i open, then starts to disconnect, reconnect and what not.
Echo
Are you sure it *actually* connects when you open? As soon as you start osu, hit F9 and see if the user panels fill up.
Topic Starter
zomgheals
yes the user panel fills up, can see around 100 users then disconnects
peppy
This seems to happen to a few people around that have high levels of packetloss. I am not 100% sure how to fix this yet.
Topic Starter
zomgheals
oh right,

i know my isp uses a packetloss system for P2P such as torrents, maybe this helps?
anonymous_old

zomgheals wrote:

oh right,

i know my isp uses a packetloss system for P2P such as torrents, maybe this helps?
I doubt osu! uses a lot of bandwidth, so your ISP is probably looking at the port.

Do the osu! servers support different (lower) ports for this reason?

If all else fails, you can use a proxy to connect to osu!
Topic Starter
zomgheals
Could you please tell me how to use a proxy?

i'll then update if i stay connected etc.