forum

[Editor] Jump to the first object in Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Pasonia
Maybe there should be a button or option that jumps the timeline to the first object in a map, or 3 beat counts before. This is especially useful for maps that do not start until more than 10 seconds into the tune, and allows for faster modding since one doesn't have to keep scrolling around or wait for the tune to play to the first note.

If there already is one, disregard this message.
Jinxy
Why not manually move it at the bottom?
LuigiHann
I was about to suggest just putting a bookmark on the first beat, but I see you're talking about modding others' maps, so I agree this would be useful.

Jinxy
Ohhh right, you cant see the 1st beat at the bottom. Stupid me.
Gens
Hmm, yeah, I always place one bookmark at the first beat.
Of course, many mappers do not use bookmarks at all. So, I guess I'm in favor of this request. :D
peppy
Have you tried hitting 'Z' on the keyboard? I had a feeling that's how it worked?
Starrodkirby86

peppy wrote:

Have you tried hitting 'Z' on the keyboard? I had a feeling that's how it worked?
Not sure if this is different for other people, but pressing 'Z' does go to the beginning...the beginning of the map that is...0.00%, not the first note. D:

So it goes to the beginning of the timeline, basically. Maybe you can redo 'Z' to make it have the similar effect 'V' does (Press V once, go to last note, press V twice, go to end of timeline).
Yuukari-Banteki
as a modding addict I have to agree that I've wished for such a thing several times in the past and I believe if you added this it would be very useful.
Echo
If i remember correctly

qwe: sample
asd: slider type
z: jump to time 0
x: play from time 0
c: play
v: jump to last beat

So we can replace c with jump to first beat? We already have a spacebar for play