forum

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
leomon32
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on mercredi 12 décembre 2007 at 00:03:04

Artist: Metal Gear Solid 3
Title: Snake Eater
BPM: 90
Filesize: 3434kb
Play Time: 2669:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,05 stars, 104 notes)
Download: Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Ok, this is the song "Snake Eater" from Metal Gear Solid 3 (Konami).
Easy level, a quite slow music !
--------
Sorry for those who have downloaded the first version, i've recompress the mp3 to 112 kb and that have done a bad result : completly desyncronising of the whole song ! Soooooorry !
--------
Little update : Put the Offset to 6,150 , change tempo to 90 and decrease the thick to 1 only ! Future update later, i'll probably put some middle tempo, because it's way too slow !
Gunzil
Nice, I was thinking about doing this song, since I just beat MGS3 for the first time a couple weeks ago.

Some constructive criticism:
-The beats are way too small. This is fine for me, since I have a tablet, but most mouse players will HATE YOU if you use small beats. Try putting the size up a notch.
-The beats don't really match up with anything. I understand this is what easy difficulty is always like, but it feels like you just kind of randomly threw the beats in there and called it a day. In fact, you only used whole notes, there are no 1/2 or 1/4 notes in the entire song.
-The BPM isn't a whole number. Change it to the closest whole number.
-The slider tick rate feels weird and makes the sliders UNNECESSAILY HARD. Try setting it to 1. It fits the song and difficulty better.
-The sliders are boring and repeat too long. Try using different styles and breaking some into two or more.
-At some point, you'll need add the intro movie from MGS3. :D

I'd understand if you were only using whole notes because it's an easy version, but incase this is because you're new to mapping, which I can assume from your low post count (I hope :shock:), you might want to check out the tutorial.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your harder difficulties of this song.

Edit: And change "METAL GEAR SOLID3" so it isn't in ALL CAPS please.
Topic Starter
leomon32
Thanks for all the advices, i'll try to do my best !
karnov_old
i would be sure happy if you made it a little harder.
thnaks.
MaxwellDemon
Timing seems off, try changing your offset to 6,150. :)

It is heavily encouraged that you try to finish one difficulty before building on it to make harder ones. :D
Topic Starter
leomon32
Ok ok i'll follow your advice, i always choose "slow" music, wish are quite difficult to "rythme" and make them not too "sluggish !" :roll:
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.