forum

Expend kudosu to star another's beatmap [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
If one really likes a beatmap, and wishes to give more than one star to the beatmap, they should be given the option to use some of their own kudosu to add another star, similar to when the creator of the beatmap does this.

This may have issues with gaming (guy gets his friends to spam his map with stars), but I doubt that'll be a major issue.
mm201
Spending two Kudosu to add one star sounds balanced.
Echo
We've actually got a discussion of this in the mod forum.

I proposed 5 kudosu per star - 2 kudosu which you can get from posting, then 3 for the star.
Jinxy

Echo wrote:

We've actually got a discussion of this in the mod forum.

I proposed 5 kudosu per star - 2 kudosu which you can get from posting, then 3 for the star.
Waiiiiit what. Shouldnt starring another's map be less expensive than starring your own map?

5 kd per new star isint what i would call a good incentive.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jinxy
You get 1 kudosu most of the time, and abuse is tough since the 1 week can be easily combo broken by anyone, unless the map sucks but then 1 star per week is pretty slow too.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

JInxyjem wrote:

You get 1 kudosu most of the time, and abuse is tough since the 1 week can be easily combo broken by anyone, unless the map sucks but then 1 star per week is pretty slow too.
How about one star per week per person? Or something like that. Some limit to help prevent gaming.

I disagree with 5 kudosu per star; that's way too much, and as JInxyjem mentioned, it's not good incentive to star the map. I would like 2 or 3 kudosu to be spent, but no more.

Also, kudosu can be denied, so useless posts designed just to star-game can be stripped of kudosu.
Ryuukun
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
You can give kudosu stars without posting, so this isn't a huge issue.

I agree that 4 or 5 kudosu per star is a good number.

Jinxy
.... :idea:

Guy A stars a map for the 1st time.
2nd time, uses 2 kd.
3rd time, 3 kd.
and so on until max 4-6 stars.

So if Guy A is addicted to a map and stars it 6 times, he would use... 2+3+4+5+6=20 kd (1st is free)

Im surprised no one thought of this.
AceOfArrows

JInxyjem wrote:

2nd time, uses 2 kd.
3rd time, 3 kd.

So if Guy A is addicted to a map and stars it 6 times, he would use... 2+3+4+5+6=20 kd (1st is free)

I like this (and I like it a LOT better than having to spend FIVE kudosu on a star, especially for people like myself who play a lot but don't often earn kudosu).

I think a progressive system like this would work very well.
FurukawaPan
I think it should probably cost 3 kudosu. Maybe 2.

It seems to me, one is being more generous with their kudosu points if they use them to star other's maps. Why not reward this behavior? If you make the cost 3, then it's the same as if you starred your own map, mathematically.

Cost to star your own map with +2 priority = 3kudosu
Cost to star someone else's map with +1 (free)
with +2 (3kudosu)

Maybe if there is concern people would abuse the system, setting the cost to 3 for someone else's map would actually make it less value than if you stuck with starring your own maps. If you shot 2 extra stars at someone else's map, Their priority becomes +3, while if you shot those stars at your own map, you would've gotten +4, and the more kudosu points you go through on one other map, the worse it gets, since each kudosu star is worth +2 on your own map, but just +1 on someone else's.

Costing 4 or 5 kudosu for each extra +1 priority on someone else's map seems way too high.
foLn
te usual staring should stay. with the no kudos used.
otherwise no one would star an other guys map.
james039 sounds perfect imo.
KawaiiLily

Ace Of Hearts wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

2nd time, uses 2 kd.
3rd time, 3 kd.

I like this (and I like it a LOT better than having to spend FIVE kudosu on a star, especially for people like myself who play a lot but don't often earn kudosu).

I think a progressive system like this would work very well.

I like that too. +1
Ivalset
FurukawaPan
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

james039 wrote:

Just to clarify, my wordy post was an explanation of why I thinik [sic]additional starring of someone else's map (beyond the first freebie) should cost 3 kudosu points without that amount changing further along.
I like this (except for the typo).

Ivalset was saying JInxyjem's idea was too complicated, not yours, james039. Still, your clarification is helpful (because I didn't understand your original post until the third read through xD).
peppy
Added