forum

Epik High - One

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mosluv
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 at 6:11:02 PM

Artist: Epik High
Title: One
Tags: K-Rap Hip-Hop Ji Sun Loveholic Shinxyn Starrodkirby86
BPM: 135
Filesize: 4867kb
Play Time: 02:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Relax (4.26 stars, 277 notes)
  2. Rough (4.69 stars, 473 notes)
  3. Soft (2.81 stars, 195 notes)
  4. Tough (4.89 stars, 575 notes)
Download: Epik High - One
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
tick...tick...tick...

Shinxyn's [Rough] added.
Starrodkirby86's storyboard added.

Comments & criticism always appreciated!
Lizbeth
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mosluv
Thank You Lizbeth! Do you have any suggestion on where to end it? I couldn't find a good spot, so I did the whole song.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)
Lizbeth
what about at 2:49:035? is the beginning of the last break... the next part of the song have the same rhythm, so is turn repetitive imo.:)
check out, u decide

bye!
Topic Starter
mosluv
Sounds weird ending it there. I left it as it was. D: Thanks for looking! :)
Cheery
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mosluv
Thank You! :3
Shinxyn
I don't know what diff this is yet, more like a easy normal imo Okay, its normal diff
I'm complete normal, and don't feel like mapping more... maybe later, but yea..

Edit-
I decided to map the whole song~

Download: Epik High - One (Nexy) [Rough].osu
Ryuukun
00:23:24() - how about a circle here?
03:07:24 (1,5) - 2 grids to the left (on grid lvl 3)

wow its great :)
i wishe'd i was so creative :P

hold on my star
Topic Starter
mosluv
Ryuukun
[Relax]
01:06:80 (1) - this slider one level 3 grid down
01:25:24 (2) - one level 3 grid up (if not intentional)
02:41:47 (1,1) - both of them one level 3 grid up (if not intentional)
02:43:24 (3) - this slider 1 level 3 grid down

can't give you another star but i still like it :)
DoctorToxn
Relax
00:35:249 (3): I would suggest moving the endpoint of this slider off of the beginning point for (1). I missed it because I did not know it was a slider. :P Example
01:19:694 (1): Sounds like the slider needs to be extended one more repeat.
01:30:583 (): I think this sounds better with one new note here. Example
02:34:360 (1): Again as above, I would suggest adding a extra repeat.
Topic Starter
mosluv
Thanks both of you :D! Some of the spacing you mentioned Ryuukun was intentional and Doctortoxn, the extended repeats and adding notes I didn't do. I just can't get the feel of it D:.

But thanks for looking! :)
DoctorToxn
:D These are just suggestions. No hard feelings. ;)
Starrodkirby86
TIME IS TICKIN'

[Relax]:
00:47:24 (3) - (Matter of personal preference) Perhaps you replace this slider with a Reverse selection of Slider (1).
01:06:80 (1) - Move 1 up on Grid Level 3.
01:43:02 (3) - Stack this under (1). (aka move 1 to the right on Grid Level 3)
02:22:80 (3) - Make this a straight line with (1) and (2) maybe?

[Hard]:
00:37:24 (2,3) - Make these symmetrical. Move (2) to the right on Grid Level 3 or Move (3) to the left on the same level.
01:10:13 (2) - Move 1 to the left on Grid Level 3.
01:11:47 (6) - Same as above.
01:20:13 (x) - Add beat here?
02:04:36 (5) - (Optional) New combo?
02:34:80 (x) - Add beat here?
02:49:02 (x) - Add beat here?

In tags, change J-Rap to K-rap. Epik High is a Korean band (I think they did a song in Pump it Up). You can add Hip-Hop, Ji Sun, and Loveholic in the tags too. (Ji Sun is the female singing in the song from the band Loveholic).

Addicting~
Topic Starter
mosluv
0_o
Relax
Awesome

Hard
00:04:36 (3) - This is a little hard to distinguish as a slider thanks to 1's hitburst. I caught it, but that may qualify as a hidden slider in some people's books.
00:26:58 (7) - Now THIS slider took me by surprise. It's completely hidden by 4's hitburst until the very last second.
00:35:47 (5,1) - Consider moving the new combo from 1 to 5? The jump is pretty sudden, makes it a little more sightreadable this way.
00:49:69 (1) - 2nd repeat is hidden by 7's hitburst
01:55:24 (7) - you know what I'm talking about by now :P
02:05:24 (5) - ^
02:44:13 (7) - ^^
03:14:80 (1) - Erg, this comes in so much later than all of the other patterns like this ;_; Not really wrong, just mean :P

OHHH I just now realized why you put all of those big stacks in the same spot xD

I think this map needs an easier difficulty, right now Relax is 4.24 stars, which is a bit much for the easiest diff...

I love maps that have big distance snap changes like in Hard. This definitely gets my star :D
Starrodkirby86
Unfinished Storyboard on [Hard]. Will do tomorrow.

Insert this into your song folder:

Contains .osb and images.

Download: light.zip
Topic Starter
mosluv

0_o wrote:

Hard
00:04:36 (3) - This is a little hard to distinguish as a slider thanks to 1's hitburst. I caught it, but that may qualify as a hidden slider in some people's books.
00:35:47 (5,1) - Consider moving the new combo from 1 to 5? The jump is pretty sudden, makes it a little more sightreadable this way.
02:05:24 (5) - ^
02:44:13 (7) - ^^
03:14:80 (1) - Erg, this comes in so much later than all of the other patterns like this ;_; Not really wrong, just mean
Only things I didn't change. I don't feel these sliders are hidden or hard to notice. As I've watched a lot of people play the map and not miss them. If more people complain about them, I'll change it then.
Throughout the map, new combo's are given whenever a new phrase in the song starts or if it differs somehow. If I changed the new combo to 5, it would go against that. D:

Thanks for looking through the map and the star ^o^! I'll try making an easier difficulty.

@Starrodkirby86: I LOVE the storyboard you made! :D

Thanks both of you! :)

EDIT: Shinxyn's Rough added!
Shinxyn
sent my diff via msn
I know there might be a tad bit too many spinners, so... feel free to complain about that, if so, then I'll change it~ (sorry for being lazy on those parts >_<;
show more